PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid with natural gut

vkartikv
10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I have used pure natural gut - Klip legend 17 and VS Touch 17 on my prostaff tour 90. It took me a while to get used to the strings because they were too powerful and my shots were landing a few feet outside the baseline, forcing me to hit with more topspin than I usually do.

In the past, I have used livewire XP and headfibergel, both of which I loved but did not have much feel. I tried pure natural gut but it seems too powerful. Any suggestions on a good hybrid with klip legend or VS touch to lessen their power?

Keifers
10-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I have VS Team 17 and Gosen JC 16 in one of my PS Tour 90s, both at 56#. This is a combo that I've used many times and like a lot (too bad JC 17 was discontinued). In this particular frame, I find 56 a little low and will probably go to 58 or 60 next time.

156MPHserve
10-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Most people don't use 17 guage gut, first because of the durability, 2nd because gut is already very powerful, 17 guage would just make it worse... maybe you should try a 16 guage gut. If you insist on hybriding, try Alu-Power Rough in the crosses.