PDA

View Full Version : Break-in time for Klip Legend Coated 16?

Keifers
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I received my PS 6.0 95 from TW last week, strung with Legend Coated 16 nat gut @ 62#. So far, the stringbed is proving to be very boardy and plasticky-feeling, with none of the characteristic elasticity and resiliency I've experienced with Bab and BDE nat gut.

I understand this happens with Klip gut. How long does it take typically to "break in" these strings?

Thanks in advance.

NoBadMojo
10-27-2005, 05:43 PM
there really is no break in period for gut other than the tension relaxing initially like what happens with all strings..Klip is a crisper playing gut and also plays a bit less powerfully than the other guts if you string it up pretty tightly. also, i dont recommend much of a prestretch w. the Klip as a vigorous prestretch would indeed cause Klip Legend to feel boardy even at lower tensions. Also in a newer type stringing machine, 62 would feel boardy in that 95headsized frame..might be the same as stringing at 67 in a drop weight floating clamp stringer.

robkat
10-27-2005, 07:09 PM
After I had my TF 315 strung with Legend 17 @54lbs, it felt boardy and stiff, the first time I played with it. After a few hours of play it started to play very sweet ! I now have about 5 hours of play time on it and it really has turned out to be one of the best strings I have played.

kenyee
10-28-2005, 07:52 AM
hmm...funny..that's how I felt (boardy, stiff, conducts vibration and buzz) about my PK Ki15 w/ Klip Legend 17 at 62. Haven't had a chance to break it in much yet, so it's only had 1.5hrs of time on it.