PDA

View Full Version : Slazenger Pro Braided vs. Tour 95

Richard Pur
02-26-2004, 11:55 AM
After much spec comparisons and some demoing, I am on the verge of buying a couple Slazenger Pro Braided racquets as my replacement racquet (before they become extinct).

My question is: I have not been able to get my hands on a Wilson Tour 95 demo, is it worth the wait? I'm an all court player who recently has been playing a lot of doubles, so a good stable volleying racquet is a necessity, but I still want to hit a lot of different shots (topspin lob, drop shot, etc.). What do you think?

I realize that they may be at the different ends of the player's racquet spectrum, but any input would be appreciated.

What about the soon to be released Slazenger Pro X1? Other than a couple of specs I got from Slazenger (like it having a lower stiffness rating -64), I haven't heard anything. Slazenger may be moving the racquet to the other end of the spectrum to directly compete with some of the other player's racquets ??

christo
02-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Don't know about the Wilson but I can tell you the Pro Braided is the best frame I've ever owned (and I've owned a few!). I put a leather grip and a few inches of lead tape on the handle (about an inch head light). They weigh in at about 12.3 ozs and are awesome in terms of accuracy and controlled power. Poly and an open string bed make for some wicked angles.