PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Fischer Racquets????

shsman2091
10-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey TW, why don't you guys ever review the Fischer racquets? The reviews have a great impact on me, and Fischer seems to be like the "dark land" to me.

TW Staff
10-29-2005, 03:41 PM
We are currently reviewing the Fischer Magnetic Speed Pro One 98 and 105. We just started this playtest and are about a month away from having a review posted.

Chris, TW.

127 mph
10-31-2005, 12:46 AM
TW Staff: Any hints as to how they hit now. I am like a kid at X-mas I can't wait a month. Thanks

TW Staff
11-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Getting lots of positive feedback so far, but you'll have to wait for the details.

Chris, TW.

127 mph
11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks Chris. If you could riddle me this. Would you think that the 105 in version would have too much power for a 5-5.5 player. I have a faster swing style. I am interested in buying these frames. Maybe at least a more accurate eta of the review. Sorry to be a pain but it is cool to get excited about tennis. Either way thanks and I love the site.

TW Staff
11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Let me know a bit more about your playing style and what you are currently using. I once played a 5.5 guy who swung a Wilson H2, so power is a comparative thing.

Chris, TW.

127 mph
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
First thanks for the reply Chris. My forehand has diversity. I can stroke it flat and I can hit heavy top. My backhand is hit with top as well. My swing speed would be fast. I would mainly describe my game as a powerbaseliner, but I used to volley more when I was younger and still have that capability. I currently hit with a Wilson 5.0 hyper prostaff stretch, I add 3 layers of gamma head tape all the way from 3-9 o'clock. I have been having problems with my shoulder for quite a while now and at times my wrist will bother me. I want a racket which is more comfortable to hit with. I am interested in these or a Kennex. My whole life I have hit with rackets which are over 12 onces and love the stability that they afford. I once hit with Nadal's racket but it felt whippy and not an improvement in comfort. The string that I currently use is gamma ruff. Thanks again for your time. I will purchase my next racket from TW a result of the great customer service.

shsman2091
11-02-2005, 01:01 PM
First thanks for the reply Chris. My forehand has diversity. I can stroke it flat and I can hit heavy top. My backhand is hit with top as well. My swing speed would be fast. I would mainly describe my game as a powerbaseliner, but I used to volley more when I was younger and still have that capability. I currently hit with a Wilson 5.0 hyper prostaff stretch, I add 3 layers of gamma head tape all the way from 3-9 o'clock. I have been having problems with my shoulder for quite a while now and at times my wrist will bother me. I want a racket which is more comfortable to hit with. I am interested in these or a Kennex. My whole life I have hit with rackets which are over 12 onces and love the stability that they afford. I once hit with Nadal's racket but it felt whippy and not an improvement in comfort. The string that I currently use is gamma ruff. Thanks again for your time. I will purchase my next racket from TW a result of the great customer service.

Sounds like maybe you should give the Head LM Prestige MP a chance as well. I recently demoed it and I feel it has great stability and comfort.

TW Staff
11-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I think you will find the power of the 105 a good fit. The racquet offers excellent access to spin, and tensioned at mid plus 2lbs, I've been finding lots of control from the baseline. It's got more pop than the 98, but is in no way a power racquet. Both the 98 and the 105 offer lots of comfort and a nice flexible feeling through the throat/shaft area.

You should definitely try and get some demo time with the M Speeds.

Chris, TW

127 mph
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks again Chris

I live in Canada so I brought the 105 on Wednesday and other items. I feel very excited. Thanks for your help. I am going to start at 62lbs as well and go from there.