PDA

View Full Version : hybrid goes dead all the time.....

wxr
10-29-2005, 12:22 PM
hey folks,
i've got a problem with my hybrids. when strung freshly it plays awsome!! great spin, great pop, great comfort..
I'm really happy with the hybrid stringing overall...
Although they seem to go dead a long time before it breaks

I'm using a synthetic gut as a cross string. But it seems to loose tension too quickly, or something.

For example, what string would be better to use as cross string in my hybrid?
hope someone has a good alternative.

tnx:)

MTChong
10-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Now, what exactly is in the mains?

rfederer32291
10-29-2005, 03:00 PM
hey folks,
i've got a problem with my hybrids. when strung freshly it plays awsome!! great spin, great pop, great comfort..
I'm really happy with the hybrid stringing overall...
Although they seem to go dead a long time before it breaks

I'm using a synthetic gut as a cross string. But it seems to loose tension too quickly, or something.

For example, what string would be better to use as cross string in my hybrid?
hope someone has a good alternative.

tnx:)
Synthetic gut would be a good choice for the crosses of a hybrid as would a multi would do. But the durability of multi wouldn't be as high as that of a synthetic gut.

156MPHserve
10-29-2005, 03:16 PM
hard to comment on what strings would be an IMPROVEMENT when we don't know what you're currently using

Richie Rich
10-29-2005, 06:10 PM
cross strings in a hybrid a e a dilemma - use a multi and they fray and break too quickly. use gut and it's too expensive. use really cheap nylon and it feels crappy. i've found the best setup for crosses, for me, is something like prince lightning, babolat conquest, gosen og sheep micro. they are durable and feel ok (but not great) and soften up the stringbed over full poly string job.

people like different setups so try some for yourself.