PDA

View Full Version : The Next Big Thing

oiler90
10-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Seeing what the Polyester revolution has done for those looking for spin control, I predict the next big thing will be a string with even more resistance to moving on the string bed COMBINED with a thinner gauge - perhaps 19 or 20. Now THAT would be some real spin potential with awesome feel.

Perhaps Poly manufacturers can make it even more stiff than it is now in its "bend-a-bility", possibly by putting a stiff core in the middle.

Just my thoughts, any thoughts out there ?

rfederer32291
10-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Why would anyone want a string that is even stiffer?

Midlife crisis
10-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Perhaps Poly manufacturers can make it even more stiff than it is now in its "bend-a-bility", possibly by putting a stiff core in the middle.

They used to make steel strings. Perhaps you're looking for a set of those?

tedmeister
10-29-2005, 11:06 PM
How about an all metal braided mains in 20 gauge? Change the crosses into BB alu. Superstiff, minimal movement, great bite, kiss your arms goodbye:mrgreen:
http://www.epinions.com/sprt-Tennis-Gamma_Edge_20/display_~full_specs

oiler90
10-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't mean stiff as in the way that kevlar is stiff (low elongation). I'm talking about the strings ability to stay in place in the mains without shifting about. Tension would have to be lowered as it is with a kev or poly job. But if the gauge were thin enough in combination with the non-movement I spoke of - that would be awesome.

156MPHserve
10-30-2005, 07:57 PM
The next big thing... Synthetic that plays as good as natural gut but doesn't move like poly

TheSneakerologist
10-30-2005, 08:54 PM
the next best thing is gut strings for half the price! cmon we can all dream now...