PDA

View Full Version : Help - string breaks often on Volkl V10E MP

Blue Beluga
10-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi fellow Volkl users. This is my first Volkl racquet. I am stringing it with PSGD 16 and 17 and they break on me in less than a month. It's always the main that breaks. Today, two mains break at the same time. I am wondering whether it is because of the V design that cause the center main to be longer than normal, thus, they are more susceptible to breaking. I play about two to three times a week and I hit pretty hard most of the time. One thing I notice is that on the serve, I tend to hit more on the upper part of the face and I can really feel like the string is going to snap. Does string break that often for you guys? If not, what string are you using and any other advice on getting more life out of the string. I took it back this morning and one guy there suggest some hybrid setup that he said most pros are doing like Andy Rooddick, using I believe X-cel and Hurricane.

mark1
10-29-2005, 10:04 PM
poly is good for people that break strings alot. Also consider that you are using a frame with an open string pattern. If you play a good amount then breaking one set of strings a month is actually pretty good....

fist pump
10-29-2005, 10:10 PM
playing 2-3 x a week , you break it in less than a month . thsta not bad at all IMO.

you can do a poly main and synthetic gut cross , if it still does not work get a full poly . beware too as poly strings are not arm friendly.

jonolau
11-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Hi fellow Volkl users. This is my first Volkl racquet. I am stringing it with PSGD 16 and 17 and they break on me in less than a month. It's always the main that breaks. Today, two mains break at the same time. I am wondering whether it is because of the V design that cause the center main to be longer than normal, thus, they are more susceptible to breaking. I play about two to three times a week and I hit pretty hard most of the time. One thing I notice is that on the serve, I tend to hit more on the upper part of the face and I can really feel like the string is going to snap. Does string break that often for you guys? If not, what string are you using and any other advice on getting more life out of the string. I took it back this morning and one guy there suggest some hybrid setup that he said most pros are doing like Andy Rooddick, using I believe X-cel and Hurricane.

Why don't you try Gamma TNT Extreme Spin 19? Great spin, control, feel and durability.

Matthew
11-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Once a month isn't too bad with the amount of tennis you are playing. You can try a thicker gauge string if you think you need more durability, or you can try using a poly string like Baboly Pro Hurricane...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BH16HS.html

Roddick uses this in his mains and natural gut.

Go with what fist pump said and try a synthetic gut in the crosses and see how that works out.