PDA

View Full Version : Strings becoming too loose

Swissv2
10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Had my strings strung at 57, but first time I used it the strings were shifting all over the place! Would stringing my racket higher (around 60 or so) make the strings shift less?

Thanks

RedGinseng
10-30-2005, 02:14 AM
If you have no arm problems, I think it's a good idea to go with poly strings. they don't move. If you find it too stiff there are relatively soft polys to choose out there.

rfederer32291
10-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Yes, if you do string a bit tighter, it will help keep the strings more in place.

156MPHserve
10-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Do you like the way it plays though? If your only complaint is string movement, try some stringsavers...

wonder_wall
10-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Had my strings strung at 57, but first time I used it the strings were shifting all over the place! Would stringing my racket higher (around 60 or so) make the strings shift less?

Thanks
Sounds kind of strange to me, but you don't say what kind of racket and what kind and gauge of string, that might help to establish how "low" 57 represents. Also, a thinner gauge might move somewhat more.

But 57 on most any racket should be tight enough.

So, if first time out they're moving "all over the place" sounds like could be bad string job... Who did it? If not you and you don't do your own stringing, I'd highly recommend getting a "stringmeter" and checking the tension of each main every time you get a string job done. That way you will know exactly what you got.

I've personally had string jobs that "move all over the place" which were the fault of the stringer (before I did my own), not the tension.

goosala
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Got tighter and see.

VieTProdigY
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
the person who stringed it might have a bad string machine or doesnt know how to string, happened to me before...might as well buy ur own string machine and string urself some racquets