PDA

View Full Version : Tension Loss in Babolat Pro Hurricane

prmeier
10-30-2005, 05:35 AM
I'm a chronic string breaker who primarily stuck with run of the mill synthetic guts just to keep costs down. Was interested in trying some of the newer polys such as Babolat Pro Hurricane as the only poly I've ever tried was the original Klip Poly which I found too harsh on the shoulder.

My main concern is the tension loss. If I string it and give it an extra stretch with my dropweight machine does this help to minimise the tension loss. Was thinking of doing a hybrid with Babolat Conquest in the crosses.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tennis Ball Hitter
10-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Dont know how pre-stetching will affect it. But pro hurricane lost tension very very quickly compared to PSGD17. I would actually say that the tension dropped noticably [via hitting racquet on hand test] fair bit in the few days after I got it strung and before i actually hit with it. The tension fell noticably [when using] over the first 2-3 weeks. However, I had razor hi lite in the crosses which may also have increased the tension loss feel.

I am now using laserfibre supreme which still feels the same to me after 3 weeks.