PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Sensation as main in hybrids

netman
10-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Got some Sensation 17 lying around and thought I would hybrid it for use as a wet weather backup to my gut hybrid. Thought was to use Sensation 17 in the mains, Gosen OG SM 17 in the crosses.

Anybody try Sensation in the mains of a hybrid? Will the Gosen saw through the Sensation too quickly or will the Sensation hold up long enough to get a few sets out of it?

Thanks
-k-

newracketagain??
10-30-2005, 08:27 AM
well, i dont think gosen would saw threw it, but any thing poly defo would! it also depends what thickness of senation youre planning on ?

156MPHserve
10-30-2005, 08:42 AM
he said 17... it'll probably not last too long but it'll feel pretty darn good..

Revman
10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Netman,
I use exactly that hybrid combination you're contemplating, primarily for the comfort aspect. As a medium-paced hitter I get probably 30-40 sets out of that setup. The biggest downside is there is lots -- and I mean lots -- of string movement. Eventually the Gosens do saw through, but usually before the strings break I end up cutting them out due to loss of playability. I play 6 or 7 sets a week on average, so end up re-stringing every 6 or 7 weeks.

oiler90
10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I use Sensation 16 in the mains of my poly hybrid (see sig for specs). My strings dont move at all and they are lasting very well. tension is holding good too - almost too good. I'm gonna need to cut them out because I want to try another tension not so tight.

dancraig
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
I haven't used it as a main but I have used Sensation 16g. as a cross with both aramid and poly mains. I put it in for customers so I haven't played it myself. I think my customers are happy with it.

netman
11-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks everybody. Will give it a try and see what happens.

-k-