PDA

View Full Version : Laserfibre MS 200 DX

5.0 TopDog
05-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Have anyone own or strung with the Laserfibre MS 200 DX before? What was your impression or experience with this machine?

MNJEEPJEEP
05-26-2004, 06:56 PM
I string on a couple machines...

I have a Star 2 of my own....

I have these at work:

Star 3
Sensor
Prince 3000
"h"
Neos

and now... a MS 200 DX... when I get the thing put together tomorrow I will post a follow up to get some discusion going on this thing... I'm hoping its up to the challenge of stringing a couple thousand frames a year...

David Pavlich
05-27-2004, 08:24 PM
I string on a couple machines...

I have a Star 2 of my own....

I have these at work:

Star 3
Sensor
Prince 3000
"h"
Neos

and now... a MS 200 DX... when I get the thing put together tomorrow I will post a follow up to get some discusion going on this thing... I'm hoping its up to the challenge of stringing a couple thousand frames a year...

Brand loyalty? :-) What's your impression of the Prince 3000?

Thanks, David

MNJEEPJEEP
05-28-2004, 07:48 PM
I like it alot... is strings great and the table is the best around.... smart design. I have seen the alpha machine and I think that the Prince table is better... some very nice features:

the way the whole head and throat posts move forward and backward so easily (tilit and push.. then screw for fine tuning)...its really smart and easy to use... the new version of the "old" NEOS mounting system is very nice too... the table raises up and down with a very smart deal as well.... its pretty smart..... and by far the best looking machine out there... looks impresive on the floor.

It has a couple issues that I could do without... the clamps (while beeing very nice... good quality) fit too close to the top of the moutning system... so sometimes a top string is hard to clamp off on... like on an e-force or some other frame I'd rather not be doing.

The 3 memory settings are easily erased.. so they arent that great to use (unless I was the only one ever on the machine).. the foot pedal seems to lag a bit.... so i dont use it... I prefer the button.. plus the green button has that special glow .....

All in all I would say that for the price (discount for USRSA folks too) that it is the best for the $$... While the sensor is a super nice machine (best clamps ever) it seems like a really high price tag for the average pro-shop or club. I think to buy the babolat you have to appreciate the machine....

I bought the 3000 in Sept or Oct? cant remember... but I seem to recall that we were one of the firsts to get one (which made me nervous) but it hasnt had a problem and has been holding up very well...

Anyway.... I'm hoping this Laserfibre machine will slowly replace our aging NEOS machines... and we will buy another 3000 next year.