PDA

View Full Version : Pro Staff Classic(Not Original) 85

dax_q
05-25-2004, 04:01 PM
The first real racquet I got was a Pro Staff Classic. It does not say 6.1 on it and it is 85 square inches. My first coach gave it to me. An old touring pro Kelly Everdon played with it and gave it to him and then he gave it to me. I have never been able to find any information about. Now that I have found this site, I thought maybe someone could shed some light on the subject. I changed to the original 85 and it never played the same. Now I am *gasp* playing with a Prince TT Warrior and happier than ever. I do still pick it up and hit sometimes though.

Also, I have a Pro Zebra 88 that my uncle used to play with. Awesome racquet, very much like the warrior. Anyone know anything about these.

This site is awesome. I never knew there were so many people addicted to tennis and everything about it like me.

Thanks
Dax

Swan Song
05-26-2004, 08:21 PM
The paintjob of the Classic 85 si. was used by Stefan Edberg during the early nineties when he won the U.S. Open.

dax_q
05-27-2004, 06:44 AM
But the racquet is not a painted original. It is the rounded beam, just like the classic 6.1.

T.J. Planas
05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Dax,
I'm kinda familiar with that racquet. Would you be interested in selling or trading it? My email is txtj79@hotmail.com

Thanks,
T.J.

PrestigeClassic
05-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Yup! Jim Grabb, whom played down the street from here, was another pro that used the Classic 85. Dent even had a Classic Stretch 85. I'm guessing that every year or two you might see some Classic 85's on ****.

racketcollector
06-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I have 2 of them that I got from a touring pro back in 1992. They were specially made by Wilson for him. One has a slight crack as I used them for a few years. I'd sell the cracked one if anyone is interested ($100) in having a collectors item. It might even withstand a new stringing?? 4 1/2 condition 7/10 email: racketcollector@aol.com

gregraven
06-29-2004, 08:58 AM
(snip) Dent even had a Classic Stretch 85. (snip)

Until fairly recently, Phil Dent was still using his for teaching, although I don't believe it was a Stretch model. I'm pretty sure he was playing with a 27-inch racquet -- that's what it feels and looks like, anyway. I never measured it.

kreative
06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
dax, i'd also be interested in buying/trading it from you if you're interested.