PDA

View Full Version : Dead strings

roddick_rulz
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I play tennis 2 or 3 days a week for a bout 1 and 1/2 hours each day. How long would it take for my Wilson Nxt Strings to die?

Joe12
10-30-2005, 05:37 PM
The question should be more like "how long will it take me to notice?". It's ALL preference. Someone might not like it after 5 hours someone might use it for a month and still like it.

hummer23
10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
nxt is a fairly playable string, i dont think it will die to quickly if it is taken care of. be sure to move them back into place, dont put them into excessively hot palces, not taht it is realyla problem in the winter. I think that the string will mos tliekly pop by the time it tends to feel dead, or be heavily frayed at least. dont think so much about if its dead or not, and just use it would be a smart monetary position, as well as a good additude for your tennis game. As for if it really starts moving a lot, and you get some mains very close to eachother, or even touching, then yeah, you've lost tension, and its moist likely a good idea to think aobut restringing. if yo uarent a big string breaker, and you play indoors in general, think about osme natural gut. for 10$ more than nxt, you get more playable string that maintains tension better than synthetic.