PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gut Vs E-Matrix

ichugtea
10-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Recently, I stringed my Wilson Tour 90 with E-Matrix @60. It is the most powerful string I have ever tried. I have to adjust my swing a little to compensate the extra power, but overall, it is soft with great playbility. I believe, for a non-stringbreaker, E-Matrix is a great buy, especially if you string your own racquet.

I have never used natural gut and I heard that natural gut has same characteristics, so my question is whether E-Matrix plays similar to natural gut with regards to playbility, touch and softness. Thank you all in advance for your comments.

hummer23
10-30-2005, 06:08 PM
ive used both, and iagree, ematrix is an exceptional string. the problem with ematrix is that iot moves lot and loses tension quickly. this is soon followed by it breaking. For anyone who breaks strings fairly often, this stuff cant last more than 6 or 8 hours. Gut is kind of like ematrix with its characteristics, but it pockets theball much moreso. its very powerful, and can really add quite a bit more pop if you accelerate a bit more through the ball. it also holds tension better and is more durable and mainaits playability for a longer period of time. E matrix, if you dont break string very often, is an exceptional value, and very nice string. Its sort of mini-gut, and at 1/7th the price of vs touch, its worth it if you have a stringing machine.