PDA

View Full Version : Stencil on Poly strings wear off WAY too fast!

gshaffer23
10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Do any of you use a stencil ink that seems to "stick" on poly strings?? Mine wears off in like 2 hours of hitting....

Thanks in advance!

vkartikv
10-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Not only that, it leaves marks on the balls. I stopped stenciling my racquets.

gshaffer23
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Exactly! There must something out there that works... most of the pro's use the poly strings and I don't see the marks on the ball during play

rfederer32291
10-31-2005, 05:02 PM
I used to use an all poly setup, and the ink would go everywhere. Now i have a hybrid with a poly/multi or syn gut, so it sticks now, and there is no need to re-stencil before every hitting session.

thetenniskid07
10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
My stencil ink stays on for quite a long time on my poly strings! It's not any special stencil ink...

doriancito
10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
i just tried sharpie green ink on my nylon strings on my PS, i noticed it went pretty fast and the balls got the green marks on them, but i knew i was hiting the sweetspot a lot since that was the place that the ink went off from

dancraig
10-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Klip has a stencil ink that is supposed to work well on polyester. It is available in Australia, but I've never seen it here in the states. Here is the Tennis Warehouse Australia link.

http://www.************************/equip/Stencils/ink.htm

Jetson
11-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Klip has a stencil ink that is supposed to work well on polyester. It is available in Australia, but I've never seen it here in the states. Here is the Tennis Warehouse Australia link.

http://www.************************/equip/Stencils/ink.htm

I'm afraid, that is not solution. I've use the same stencil for Pro Hurricane, Luxilon Alu Power and PolyPlasma. Only on PolyPlasma exists problem.

Jetson
11-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Exactly! There must something out there that works... most of the pro's use the poly strings and I don't see the marks on the ball during play

Which pro's with Poly Plasma do You see?

rfederer32291
11-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Most of the pros switch racquets every 7 games or so, therefore the stencil doesnt really rub off, because it usually doesn't happen that fast.