PDA

View Full Version : Sysop - Flexible vs. Flexible Rackets

Carl Roude
10-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Just coming back from some serious shoulder surgery and looking for a rather flexible racket. As we all know the RDC numbers don't always tell the whole truth when it comes to flexibility - where a racket flexes is more important than its overall number. I am particularly looking for a racket with a more flexible throat (like the old MW 200G). Wondering if you have any recommendations. I have heard for instance that the new Fischer Magnetic rackets may fit this bill. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

TW Staff
10-31-2005, 04:20 PM
The Fischer Magnetic Speeds feel very flexible in the throat and you should definitely take them for a demo.

Both the M-FiL 200 and 300 feel much softer than their G Series predecessors and offer a nice comfortable feel.

If you favor a midsize racquet, the Yonex RDX 500 Mid is very soft and forgiving.

That should get you going. Let me know if there are any other racquets you are interested in.

Chris, TW.

Carl Roude
10-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks - that is a good group. Is the Yones mid particularly soft in the thorat - my experience with some of thier other rackets is that they are a little softer at the top of the hoop. What about the Wilson N Code NPS - though usually Wilson rackets are too stiff for me - or the Techifibre 325? Does the new Prince Tour also fit this bill? Thanks again.

sureshs
10-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Just coming back from some serious shoulder surgery and looking for a rather flexible racket. As we all know the RDC numbers don't always tell the whole truth when it comes to flexibility - where a racket flexes is more important than its overall number. I am particularly looking for a racket with a more flexible throat (like the old MW 200G). Wondering if you have any recommendations. I have heard for instance that the new Fischer Magnetic rackets may fit this bill. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Prokennex Ki5

Keifers
10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
The Pro Kennex Heritage Type R is another flexible, arm/shoulder-friendly racquet. I've posted about it, and you could search for posts by 'flatpick' and 'Yolkl' -- one or both of whom came to the R after being injured. I first tried it through TW's demo program and found I really liked the extra dwell time afforded by its 58 RDA flex.

Good luck.