PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Sphere--you gotta try it.

Steve Huff
10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I got some Alpha Sphere 16. It has a soft feel, seems easy on the arm, has plenty of power, yet still has good control. Give it a chance. It competes well with Technifibre 515, Prince Perfection, NXT etc.

SteveI
11-01-2005, 01:06 AM
I got some Alpha Sphere 16. It has a soft feel, seems easy on the arm, has plenty of power, yet still has good control. Give it a chance. It competes well with Technifibre 515, Prince Perfection, NXT etc.

Steve,

How does it compare price wise?

Regards,
Steve

K. Wilson Moose
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
If it is similar to Technifibre 515, it is definitely worth a try. Already use Alpha Gut 2000 and Alpha Viper MXT and like them very much. Thanks for the heads up.

K. Wilson Moose
11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Steve,

How does it compare price wise?

Regards,
Steve

Hey Steve, I found it for $12.45, so it appears the price is in line with NRG.

Rumjungle
11-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I've got a couple of packs of Sphere but have yet to try them. I just started using the Prodigy and feel the same way about them...on the soft side, good power, good control. How do you think Sphere compares to X-1 Biphase?

Steve Huff
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I tried the BiPhase and didn't like it. The Sphere is softer, and in my opinion, a little more powerful. I just strung up a racket with Alpha Prodigy today, but haven't hit with it. I'm playing in the morning. If you read the package or both Prodigy and Sphere, it sounds like they are the same composition except that the Sphere has another layer around the outside for a little better durability. I like the red color of the Prodigy.

Rumjungle
11-02-2005, 09:17 AM
My thoughts exactly, I originally got the Prodigy just because it was red. I just strung up a racquet with Sphere. Did you get light crackeling sounds when you tensioned it? I'm thinking it's from the jacket.

SteveI
11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey Steve, I found it for $12.45, so it appears the price is in line with NRG.

Moose and Steve H.,

Thanks for the info...Happy Hitting guys!

Steve

Steve Huff
11-04-2005, 10:00 PM
The Prodigy hits a lot like Sphere, and similar to TF 515. I've had the Sphere in one racket for over a month now, and it seems to be holding tension a lot better than the 515 did. 515 was one of my favorite strings, but it didn't hold tension for very long. The Sphere, and maybe the Prodigy, may be the answer to that problem.

Flatspin
11-05-2005, 04:18 AM
I've heard some mention of Prodigy in this thread. I look forward to trying the new "Sphere". I'm not a Gamma sting proponent but I was genuienly impressed with Prodigy. Finally a Gamma string I like. Played nice in a n-code 90 @ 60 lbs.

156MPHserve
11-05-2005, 09:33 AM
I've heard some mention of Prodigy in this thread. I look forward to trying the new "Sphere". I'm not a Gamma sting proponent but I was genuienly impressed with Prodigy. Finally a Gamma string I like. Played nice in a n-code 90 @ 60 lbs.

It's not Gamma, it's Alpha... guess you're still yet to find a Gamma string you like.

LoveThisGame
11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
156MPHserve, your serve is too fast. Prodigy's full name is Gamma TNT Prodigy. And it is a very fine string. Sphere is Alpha.

Flatspin
11-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks Lovethis game! I knew I was using a gamma string! The Gamma Prodigy was surprisingly good> Them "whippersnappers" are too fast on the draw. lol

Rumjungle
11-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Duplicate post.

Rumjungle
11-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I was talking about Alpha's Prodigy (http://www.alphatennis.com/highperf.html) string. Sorry for the confusion.

Mike Cottrill
11-07-2005, 09:07 AM

For me it played nice. Thought it went dead fast. How about you Steve, does it keep its life as long as the other you mentioned?
Thanks
Mike

Frankc
07-05-2014, 03:48 AM

Great tip -thanks...
Very special in a smaller, 18X20 frame - superb pocketing and very controllable power - brought my Prestige alive ... sensational value and settles in and plays well for some time for this flat hitter. Tight and lively for the first hit or so then settles into a dynamic feel that reminds me of old school natty g when it is well worn... and that is good!As with natty g (the softer earlier versions), a server's dream...
Not for open patterns and extreme grips, but a winning, crazy value for flat hitters, feel players, and even Rec players who want more easy, string power.
TW is the greatest, wish they carried this special option for those of us who want more string feel - very stable now for me - more than a month...