PDA

View Full Version : Sysop - One Further Question - Flexible v. Flexible

Carl Roude
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Chris - thanks for the reply - that is a good group. As for the Yones, are you talking about the 90 or the 98? Is the Yonex mid particularly soft in the thorat - my experience with some of thier other rackets is that they are a little softer at the top of the hoop. What about the Wilson N Code NPS - though usually Wilson rackets are too stiff for me - or the Techifibre 325? Are either of these rackets softer at the throat? Does the new Prince Tour also fit this bill? Thanks again and hoping to order a bunch a stuff from TW once I get going again - you guys are great - keep it up.

Carl Roude
11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Whoops - sorry this was posted twice - also one further racket I would like to consider - Dunlop 200GHMXL - how do you think this stacks up from the soft throat rackets - I notice its RDC is only 56 - however the other standard HMs were noticeably stiffer at the throat.

TW Staff
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
It's been too long since I hit with the 200G XL to fairly comment. I have recently hit with the M-FiL 200 Plus and it has a nice soft feel to it. The string pattern on both racquets are also more open, making the respective stringbeds more forgiving and not as stiff feeling as their respective stand length versions.

Chris, TW.

Carl Roude
11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks again - how doe the NPS 95 stack up in this area? RDC is only 58 - is it flexible in the throat area - I know that Wilson's tend to be a little firmer. What about the O3 Tour? Does this fit what I am looking for (fleixible throat) - my point of reference is the Dunlop MW 200G.

TW Staff
11-04-2005, 10:41 AM
The nPS is a little crisper feeling. It is a very comfortable racquet, but has that crisper Wilson feel that many players love. Lots of room for weight customization on this one, too.
The O3 Tour is a dampened racquet with the stock grommets. Prince is releasing a hard plastic throat grommet which improves feel and feedback. I've hit extensively with both grommets and prefer the added feel when using the hard plastic grommets. Either way, its one of the most comfortable player's racquets out right now.

Sounds to me like you've got some demo time ahead of you. All of the racquets discussed in this thread have you on the right track.

Chris, TW