PDA

View Full Version : ARGH I cannot figure out the klippermate!!

ATXtennisaddict
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
The instruction manual sucks. And no one's available around to show me. Anyone in the Austin area willing to teach me how to use this thing??

Anyone know good resources online with better pictures? The small blackwhite pics don't help and the words are just confusing.

:(

steve s
11-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Relax. Get a friend to help you go over the manual again. Its not rocket science. You will get it. It you still have a problem "ask".

nViATi
11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
The instruction manual sucks. And no one's available around to show me. Anyone in the Austin area willing to teach me how to use this thing??

Anyone know good resources online with better pictures? The small blackwhite pics don't help and the words are just confusing.

www.sptennis.com has a good tutorial

Slazenger
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM

I'm in the ATX and have the Klipper Stringer, one model up from the klippermate.

I found the instructions very clear. The instructions for my model are almost identical to the klippermate's.

I would recommend reading through the instructions first thoroughly and then trying to do it again, following the instructions.

I can assist you if you need help. Email me at folarino at msn dot com.

Also for the klippermate, in addition to the tools they provide, I would recommend getting a level and maybe an extra clamp.

String at least 4 practise sets (try both 1 and 2 piece) with old racquets.
This will help you get a feel for how to get a good and as accurate as possible string job from the klippermate.

max
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Wow! I thought the Klippermate instruction booklet was EXTRA helpful! Call them up, they'll help you out, I'm sure. . . one thing I did that was important, for me, was to simply budget a good long period of quiet, uninterrupted time so I could concentrate, read through and work through everything, and I think that helped me. I was very pleased that I could string a racquet myself following the directions.

Steve Huff
11-04-2005, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't buy an extra clamp. By the time you're stringing patterns that you need and extra clamp, you'll be looking for a better machine.

DX_Psycho
11-04-2005, 11:52 PM
really. i was in the same boat. when i first got my machine, i was very cnofusedo n how to do eveyrthing. keep trying. i messed up two racquets before i did it correctly. misweaved sometimes until another 2 racquets after

srv vlly
11-05-2005, 10:23 AM
call up the customer support. they will guide you through.