PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g

modula2
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
I wanted to try a string that does not move around, and since polys are really stiff, I strung my racquets up with Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g thinking it would be softer than any other polys.

I like how the strings do not move around, but even the 18g seems pretty stiff for me. Anyone know of any other polys that are a bit softer?

Swan Song
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Alu should be a bit softer, although this was in a natural gut hybrid with poly on the crosses.

MTChong
11-01-2005, 10:42 PM
If the Hurricane feels stiff, I'd opt for a hybrid with a soft monofilament synthetic cross such as Prince Synthetic Gut Original, Ektelon PowerPlay, or Forten Sweet. If you have the money, gut works.

thejackal
11-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Hurricane 18 with gosen sheep 17 on the crosses is the best setup I`ve used.

Cavaleer
11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I wanted to try a string that does not move around, and since polys are really stiff, I strung my racquets up with Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g thinking it would be softer than any other polys.

I like how the strings do not move around, but even the 18g seems pretty stiff for me. Anyone know of any other polys that are a bit softer?

Try Gosen Polylon comfort 18, if you want a full poly. In that stick you probably couldn't reduce the tension with a full poly.

A multi-poly set-up sounds best for you, as others have suggested.

DarkSlayerX
11-07-2005, 05:50 PM

if i were you, i would try the signum pro poly plasma 17g. i heard the signum pro poly plasma are like the softest poly out there now.

goosala
11-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Prince Polygut 17

Cruzer
11-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Why the fixation on polyester strings? If you want a softer string try another type of string. There are lots of durable non-polyester strings that are far more comfortable than any polyester string will ever be.

Jetson
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
if i were you, i would try the signum pro poly plasma 17g. i heard the signum pro poly plasma are like the softest poly out there now.

Softest isn't the word which I would have used reference to Signum Pro Poly Plasma.

gokou703
11-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Softest isn't the word which I would have used reference to Signum Pro Poly Plasma.

i would.....its a really soft poly...softest i've ever tried...way softer than 18 guage hurricane

matchpoint54
11-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Signum Pro Poly Plasma is a great string. It's the softest polyester that I've ever tried. Hurricane feels a little harsh to me.

Jetson
11-12-2005, 12:07 PM
My mistake. Poly Plasma is maybe softest from polys.
But what I thought. If one looks for soft string, polys aren't good start.