PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Messed up on weaving... Effects??

gshaffer23
11-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi all! I've strung up many racquets in the past few months and this is the first time I messed up on my weaving of the crosses. (at least the first time I didn't catch it right away).

Anyway, it happened on the third cross string from the top, i wove it exactly like the second cross... what effects should I expect from this mistake?

Proud Pusher
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Probably won't have much affect on playability, but the fact that there
is a misweave would bother some people.

If I do this to a customer's racquet, I usually point it out and offer to re do
it, or charge for string only.

Ken

fastdunn
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Nothing much different from my experiences.

It would be illegal string pattern according to ITF for pro tournaments. :)
Some say less weaving of crosses promotes more spin
(kinda like a spagetti string pattern)...

RacquetDoctor
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Probably won't have much affect on playability, but the fact that there
is a misweave would bother some people.

If I do this to a customer's racquet, I usually point it out and offer to re do
it, or charge for string only.

Ken

If you do it to a customer, you cut it out and re-do it, no charge. A mistake is a mistake...It should never get to a customer.

gshaffer23
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
If you do it to a customer, you cut it out and re-do it, no charge. A mistake is a mistake...It should never get to a customer.

True there. I don't have a business, it was one of my friend's rackets and I was just wondering on the playability end, how it would work. But definitely, free re-string for a "customer" would be in order.

gshaffer23
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Nothing much different from my experiences.

It would be illegal string pattern according to ITF for pro tournaments. :)
Some say less weaving of crosses promotes more spin
(kinda like a spagetti string pattern)...

Good to know. Who knows maybe he will like it and REQUEST poor weaving next time! :idea:

Nuke
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
I've had stringing jobs done with a few misweaves, which I didn't notice until I was on the court, away from the store. After my initial anger, I found I really couldn't tell the difference in playability. Not enough to go back angry to the store and complain, anyway. Your mileage may vary, especially if it bothers you psychologically.