PDA

View Full Version : TW Pricematch Policy

getitoverthenet
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey! I called regarding price matching a flexpoint 4. i found it for cheaper at another authorized store. However when i called, TW said that the price was below cost and could not match the price. what the heck? this is not stated in the policy on TW's site. Has anyone had a similar experience?

BreakPoint
11-03-2005, 10:36 PM
If another store is selling it for below cost, then I suggest you buy it from that store. BTW, that store probably won't be in business much longer. Was that store having a clearance or going out of business sale? You really can't expect TW to lose money by selling you a racquet, can you?

getitoverthenet
11-03-2005, 11:14 PM
If another store is selling it for below cost, then I suggest you buy it from that store. BTW, that store probably won't be in business much longer. Was that store having a clearance or going out of business sale? You really can't expect TW to lose money by selling you a racquet, can you?

actually this store has been open for many years. in fact they have 3 stores and sell over the internet. i guess i'll just buy from them then and get my other stuff from TW.

racingdad23
11-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I would really like to hear a response from TW on this thread. If the pricematch guarantee only pertains to items that can be sold at a profit then that policy needs to state "TW reserves the right to withdraw this offer even though all stipulations are met if a minimal profit margin is not obtainable"

If this was a Authorized dealer and not a clearance item then TW must adhere to their own policy regardless unless there is a UMRP (Unlilateral Minimun Retail Pricing) Policy or MAP (Minumum Advertised Price) from the Manufacturer then TW would not have to honor their Price Match Policy. If this was the case and I was TW I would report the offending retailer's policy violation to the Manufacturer and seek to have their priveledges of selling their product suspended.

TW doesnt "have" to do anything and they dont have to answer this thread. But to those of us that honesty and credibility means something to, I feel this is a blow to TW's reputation to let this go un-answered.

I base my opinion above only on "one side" of the story. I would hope that TW will offer a explanation so that I still feel confident in dealing with a reputable company that stands behind both its products and its word. I feel there is another side of the story and would welcome hearing it.

This is not a bash, as a repeat customer I feel I'm entitled to a explanation since this is something that may affect our future trade. I dont even mind a company's "small print" in their policies...as long as it IS there.

arky-tennis
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Same thing here. The policy is B.S.!!! They don't take anything except like 2 sites.

splink779
11-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I want an answer here also. They seem to make it such a big point on the racquet's pages, but if they dont even come through!?

TW Staff
11-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I wanted to get some background information on this. Our price match policy stands - we will match any price from an authorized dealer in the US. While we are not in the business of losing money, we want to retain your loyalty and appreciate you giving us the opportunity. The CSR who handled the call from getitoverthenet probably wasn't fully trained, and was looking out for TW's best interests... If we cannot confirm a price, the normal price (or lowest match price) will be charged. In some cases, customers may get a model mixed up (Flexpoint versus Liquidmetal), and this may be a cause for confusion. Thanks for the feedback. Don/Tennis Warehouse

arky-tennis
11-05-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm leaning on an open door but I gave you all two places where I could get the racquet for 20 less and it was not accepted. Can you give an actual list of sites that you will beat or match? Appreciate it,
Daniel

TW Staff
11-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Arky-tennis, if you get any resistance to a price match, ask for a supervisor. There is no "list". Our policy is to match prices with any authorized dealer in the US. If we can't confirm the price, or we find that the "dealer" is not authorized, you'll be contacted. Don/Tennis Warehouse

arky-tennis
11-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Okay... End of this. I called in a price and they told me there was a 'list' and there my site wasn't there. I'll ask for a supervisor. Appreciate your time.
Daniel

ffrpg
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I ordered some tennis racquets a couple weeks ago from TW. I found another place that was selling a certain racquet (I won't be specific) for much cheaper. When I told the CSR the price I wanted it to be matched at, he couldn't believe it and gave me all sorts of BS about it being below costs. Anyway, he got all the information and my order went through later that day. TW, you should really train your CSR's to just take the order w/o giving us any nonsense about it being below costs. If it is the case, we still don't need to know that. Just take the order and make it as hassle-free as possible. If it doesn't work out, just call us back and tell us you can't price match it. Anyway, I'm glad my pricematch went through in the end. Thanks for doing that TW!

datsveryinterestin
11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes, my recent price match was less than pleasant at TW too.
The whole M.A.P. pricing and every tennis site offering the lowest price is bizarre anyway.
I was able to find a price for my racquets which was $99 instead of $179 and I wanted to buy 2 of them plus a $50 bag and strings, etc. Well, I would rather buy from TW since I trust their stringers and customer service.... so I called for the price match.
The TW phone rep said they couldn't match that price and kept saying he needed to talk to his manager. It was very awkward, but after I told him I was an old customer and was ordering more stuff, I finally got an OK.
The weird thing is, that the pricematch was not verifiable online.
It is just easily verifiable by calling or emailing the other tennis place because they can't list the racquets that low.
Anyway, I feel dirty and it was frustrating... like when you are haggling for a car... I hope my racquets, which are being shipped extra slowly by UPS, are perfect. But the whole price match thing was painful.
I am glad that my price match was accepted, because I have been rejected before for a pricematch from another retailer, for no good reason, and I never shopped their again.
Anyway, TW is a great retailer, but when the customer knows the "secret sites" that sell for much cheaper.... just give them the good price!!! :mrgreen:

tennis4losers
11-05-2005, 02:17 PM
well if complaining didnt work at TW just buy from the place that was selling it for a cheaper price. You really can expect them to keep lowering the price of rackets just because you saw a small time store who was selling a racket for $20 cheaper. And besides TW has a very cheap hipping cost and they are very trustworthy so I dont see why you guys are complaining.

splink779
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
well if complaining didnt work at TW just buy from the place that was selling it for a cheaper price. You really can expect them to keep lowering the price of rackets just because you saw a small time store who was selling a racket for $20 cheaper. And besides TW has a very cheap hipping cost and they are very trustworthy so I dont see why you guys are complaining.

They are complaining because TW seemed to make this policy very obvious as of late, and in some cases they didn't deliver or gave a bunnch of trouble about it. Thats why. Wouldn't be a problem if they had never made the policy.

TW Manager
11-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Thank you for the feedback on our price match procedures. I have discussed this with our supervising staff and phone reps.. I donít anticipate any further frustrations with price matching. Any feedback on your future orders or experience would be much appreciated. Your feedback is great for us in evaluating and improving our services for our customers. Please feel free to email me in regard to your customer service experiences. The name of the rep or supervisor always helps. In addition positive feedback goes a long way for our hard working reps as well.

email: nick@tennis-warehouse.com

Thanks Again,

Nick Taylor

datsveryinterestin
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I received my order today... It was packaged well and the string job was not as good as usual, but still ok.
(Maybe the Luxilon gave the stringer some problems?)
The free DEUCE magazine was unexpected and fantastic.
Thanks to Deuce and TW for that freebie!!!!! Great magazine...

Anyway, I am a satisfied TW customer and will be for years... as long as I continue to get great price matches and great service!

TW Manager
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
In what way was your string job not as good as usual? Was there frictional notching, improper tie offs, unstraightened strings, etc? The feedback is always needed and very appreciated. Stringing is extremely important to us.

Thanks,
Nick Taylor

datsveryinterestin
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
TW Manager Nick: the first and last crosses are looser than usual, there are very small paint nicks, and the cross strings overlap the mains outside the frame...(instead of an awl being used to push the other string out of the way it was just slapped over it)
And 1 racquet has a notched main string from what i assume was the tool that cut off the cross string....
My camera isn't doing a great job of pics in this lighting but...
Can't really get the paint nics to show and the string notch is blurry...
http://tinypic.com/fel0ms.jpg
http://tinypic.com/fel1ye.jpg
http://tinypic.com/fel407.jpg
http://tinypic.com/fel4eg.jpg

The last pic is supposed to show the notching on the 6M string right above the last cross, but it is pretty blurry....

POGO
11-07-2005, 03:30 PM
TW Manager Nick: i'll post some pics soon, but the first and last crosses are looser than usual, there are very small paint nicks, and the cross strings overlap the mains outside the frame...(instead of an awl being used to push the other string out of the way it was just slapped over it)

Hmmmm..................datsveryinterstin.....I think that is being a little too anal. What got me is the cross string overlapping the mains. Can you really tell a difference in how the racket plays if it didn't overlap? Those aren't really something to complain about.

If there were miss-weaves or they strung the wrong strings, then I can see your point.

datsveryinterestin
11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
POGO thanks for your opinion.. this post was mainly a response for TW review though.

You are right, I do expect things to be done "correctly" and I don't believe that is asking for too much. I wouldn't have strung them like that, since it "looks funny" and probably loses a small bit of tension in the process.
I don't expect my new racquets to come with nicks in the paint, notches in the strings, and overlapped strings....
I would prefer them with perfect paint, perfect strings, perfect stringing, like TW always has done in the past.

Anyway, most of my post was a compliment to TW, but I did want to point out things that could be improved.

RacquetDoctor
11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
The cross over is an oops, but it's cosmetic. You'll get marked down on a cst/mrt test for that one...but it's harmless.

I can't see notching from the pics, or the nics..

Richie Rich
11-07-2005, 04:59 PM
The cross over is an oops, but it's cosmetic. You'll get marked down on a cst/mrt test for that one...but it's harmless.

I can't see notching from the pics, or the nics..

i know the cross over is harmless. however, an experienced stringer that cares would not have done that. it just begs the question - if the string job is sloppy, what about other stuff?

if you are paying good money to have your racquet strung by professionals it should be a pro job. anyone can string a racquet like that. if it was done by someone working for me i would give the customer a discount or it would totally free.

racingdad23
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Thank you for the feedback on our price match procedures. I have discussed this with our supervising staff and phone reps.. I donít anticipate any further frustrations with price matching. Any feedback on your future orders or experience would be much appreciated. Your feedback is great for us in evaluating and improving our services for our customers. Please feel free to email me in regard to your customer service experiences. The name of the rep or supervisor always helps. In addition positive feedback goes a long way for our hard working reps as well.

email: nick@tennis-warehouse.com

Thanks Again,

Nick Taylor

To all that replied from TW, Your effort in taking the time to address your customer's concerns with complete and proffesional replies is very much appreciated and assures my continued support for your company. I accept this explanation as a virtual handshake and look forward to our continued bussiness relationship. Good job!

arky-tennis
11-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Thank you too to TW. Not many companies of your size reply to the customers needs and actually listen. I may whine and beg sometimes but your professionalism is well, professional.

TW Staff
11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
dvi, you have every right to complain about your racquet's stringing and any nicks that may exist. We train our stringers to avoid crossovers, regardless of whether they're at the head (where they can contact the court) or the throat (where they're more of a cosmetic irritant). Also, the notching of the main string isn't clear but is visible. We'll be happy to send you a replacement set of strings for this. If the nicks on the frame are more than extremely minor, you're welcome to return the racquet for replacement. Please send your name, address and order number to discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com. Sorry this wasn't up to our usual standard... Don/Tennis Warehouse

akj27
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey, not trying to be rude or anything but, can you guys better train your staff? I called two times(not one, two) and both times I had people tell me you guys dont price match from ****, even if it's an authorized dealer. The first guy didn't even let me talk to a supervisor, he said he was positive you guys didn't price match, the second did, but he hesitated, before letting me talk to a supervisor. Oh, the supervisor ALSO told me you guys didnt price match from ****, even if its an authorized dealer, but he said that he'd let me buy it for the price I asked. Well, besides that, you guys are 10/10

TW Staff
11-08-2005, 11:39 AM
akj27, I assume you're referring to the auction site... If so, we won't match individual auctions, but will match stores that do business on this site, as long as we can confirm that they're authorized dealers. We will make sure all our CSRs are all on the same page. Thanks, Don/Tennis Warehouse

datsveryinterestin
11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks TW...

I appreciate all of your help!
We all have days when we are pressed for time and make mistakes, so I understand the stringing error. I've been there myself.
I also know that 99.9% of your stringings are superior than anywhere else which is why I always prefer to shop at TW.

Thanks for your politeness and courtesy!
You definitely treat your customers well.

TW Manager
11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info and we will take care of you in regard to the string job. We take tremendous pride in our stringing and customer feedback such as this helps. Thanks for the pics as well.

Thanks,

Nick Taylor

Richie Rich
11-08-2005, 01:48 PM
TW is top notch. never had any issues. this thread just reaffirms that you guys care about the customer. greatly appreciated.

BreakPoint
11-08-2005, 02:47 PM
akj27, I assume you're referring to the auction site... If so, we won't match individual auctions, but will match stores that do business on this site, as long as we can confirm that they're authorized dealers. We will make sure all our CSRs are all on the same page. Thanks, Don/Tennis Warehouse

But some stores on the auction site will also sometimes start the auctions with a very low starting bid, so I assume TW will only match the price of the winning bid of a concluded auction and/or a "Buy it Now" price? Or else, how would TW match prices with an auction format? Thanks.

akj27
11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I told them it was buy it now, and I told them it was an authorized dealer/store.
Here's what I just got:

Bruno,

Thank you for contacting Tennis Warehouse. It has never been our policy
to price match with **** or any other online auction site, this
includes **** stores. If we price matched with **** in the past it
would have been due to our error. We do match prices with our
competitors upon verification. However, price matches must be done
over the phone. Please call 1-800-883-6647 and one of our customer
service representatives will be happy to assist you.

splink779
11-08-2005, 07:16 PM
There are authorized dealers on e bay that sell the racqcuets more near cost. These are probably what tennis warehouse will match. Not the dealers that sell brand new O3 tours for $135 (even though I love these guys). I don't often buy racquets from tennis warehouse and prefer getting the racquets new on e bay because I have my own stringer, but I pump so much money into TW buying accessories, strings, and other things so I dont feel bad.

127 mph
11-09-2005, 05:32 AM
But from TW even if it costs a little extra. THis site and their customer service are well worth it. Some corner store could go out off business but TW is here to stay. Oh yeah when I brought strings this year they had the best price and I am going to order a new racket today. Kudos to everyone at TW your informative reviews and posts have won my purchase.