PDA

View Full Version : Best machine under 600!

christian
05-26-2004, 07:31 PM
I have an ats SS2. I am looking for a machine with fixed clamps and 6 or 4 pt mounting. Top dogs around 600 seem to be revo 4000 n the laserfibre eco w/ fixed clamps. Give me your thoughta.

EddyC
05-27-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm in the same boat. In additon to the Revo4000, I've also looked at the two machines from Gamma for about $30 more:

1. The Gamma Progression STII
2. and the new X-ST.

From what I found, they are essentially the same machine except for cosmetics and weight. Apparently the new line has more Aluminum making it lighter....which is a plus considering portability. I also like the string and grip package that come with these machines.

At the moment, I'm pretty set on the Alpha machine for two reasons:

1. By purchasing it at Tennis Warehouse for $699, you get a 1 year subscription to USRSA.

2. Having read the reviews here, the machine seems to be very solid. Plus, Mark Gonzales has been so responsive with my questions that it's proven to me that the support will be there if I should require it.

The bad thing about the Alpha is that it is on backorder, from what I've been told, till June 15th. Also, I like the Gamma string package more.