PDA

View Full Version : Burning strings?

Jeffe
11-07-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm new to stringing and just did my first two jobs this weekend on a Klippermate. The Klippermate instructions were very good and led me through the process with little problem. There was one thing that really lengthened my time though. While doing the crosses there was a comment in the instuctions to not pull the string through too fast on the crosses because you may burn the string. I think this really made me timid pulling the string through which caused 1hr + for me to string the crosses. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with burning strings or ways to avoid it with a certain tecnique.
Thanks

David Pavlich
11-07-2005, 06:16 AM
The way to solve this is to rake or comb the cross string as you pull it. Go to http://sptennis.com/ and click on the video camera for videos on stringing.

David

vinnier6
11-07-2005, 07:13 AM
excellent link...

armand
11-07-2005, 08:46 AM
The way to solve this is to rake or comb the cross string as you pull it. Go to http://sptennis.com/ and click on the video camera for videos on stringing.

DavidI watched the winner of the fastest stringing contest and I actually found it pretty funny. The commentator sounds a lot like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and the trade ambiance reminded me of the Westminster Dog Show. At any given second, I was expecting the commentator to say something like "that's an excellent stringing technique...for me to poop on!" or "great mounting technique, reminds of the time I mounted Paris Hilton's chihuahua, if you get my drift"

David Pavlich
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
I watched the winner of the fastest stringing contest and I actually found it pretty funny. The commentator sounds a lot like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and the trade ambiance reminded me of the Westminster Dog Show. At any given second, I was expecting the commentator to say something like "that's an excellent stringing technique...for me to poop on!" or "great mounting technique, reminds of the time I mounted Paris Hilton's chihuahua, if you get my drift"

The commentator is John Bassili, the owner of Silent Partner. He's top notch...maybe a little lacking in the commentator profession, but top shelf when it comes to taking good care of his customers.

David

armand
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I wasn't making fun of him or anything and in fact, his commentating is fine(I've heard better, but I've also heard much, much worse).
It just reminded me of Triumph and the Westminster Canine Exhibition, that's all.

Steve Huff
11-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Take a set of natural gut. Pull the crosses through as fast as you can. This will best explain what "burning" is. You'll smell it.

David Pavlich
11-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey Steve! Send me a set of VS Touch and I'll try it! :-)

David

Steve Huff
11-10-2005, 09:54 AM
David, you'd mess it up and not burn them. Your stringjob would still come out perfect, then you'd need another set to try again.

diredesire
11-10-2005, 12:31 PM
David, you'd mess it up and not burn them. Your stringjob would still come out perfect, then you'd need another set to try again.

:)

Always a good laugh you two :D

David Pavlich
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Truth be known, I couldn't ruin a set of VS gut. Talk about going against everything that I preach!

David