PDA

View Full Version : How come no love for BB Original???

gshaffer23
11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Just wondering why I never see anyone using BB Original or Original Rough any more?? I found it to be a great string, and am considering going back to it when I purchase some new frames w/ a more open string pattern...

Just wondering why there isn't more folks playing the string?

Richie Rich
11-07-2005, 12:49 PM
it's not a bad string and i like hitting with it but it is overshadowed by ALU in terms of hype so ALU gets more exposure.

shacked
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
It is a good string...but, like rich said, it does get overshadowed by alu, seems everyone wants to play what the pros play.....ALU!!

El Diablo
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
I have one of my racquets strung with Original and one with Alu currently (I wanted to do my own side-by-side)....frankly I think the Alu does everything just a little better, though the Original might be useful if you liked the Alu but wanted to tone down the power a bit.

gshaffer23
11-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I have one of my racquets strung with Original and one with Alu currently (I wanted to do my own side-by-side)....frankly I think the Alu does everything just a little better, though the Original might be useful if you liked the Alu but wanted to tone down the power a bit.

Thanks for the comparison El Diablo! That is something I want to do myself when I get some new sticks.