PDA

View Full Version : similar string to alupower rough 16l?

doriancito
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
hey guys i strung my ncode today with that string at 62 lbs, it was awesome but i begun to think (i know what youll be thinkin "does this guy thinkl?") well anyways i begun to think and i cant afford that expesive strings for south america for the 2 racquets all the time.

So i want to ask you which is the most similar feeling string out there, but more cheap, my coach told me the kirschbaum.
I want a reel of 200m that doesnt exceed the $100.

My game type is usually with spin but the ncode i have has the string pattern of 18*20 so i want to get the most spin out if it but beeing of the same type of the alu power (you know, durability and very hard to string) i know there is a name for this string type in english but i dont know it, in spanish we call it Wire string since its similar to wire, you bend it and stays bent and very hard.

156MPHserve
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I can't say anything about this... but if you really like Alu, find a dirt cheap sythetic (gosen comes to mind) for the crosses. i think you'd BARELY be able to notice any difference cuz mains is 80% of the feel. it'd be about 7 dollars for each stringjob of alu, + about 2 dollars for the synthetic. So a reel is about 18 stringjobs. This would cost you 126 + about 33 for a gosen reel. 159 bucks all together. you'd also have half a reel of gosen leftover. It's going 60 dollars over but well worth it to keep the luxilon in your racquet instead of substituting.

Otherwise, everybody who's tried Unique Big Hitter has raved about it. It's half the price of ALU-PR.

doriancito
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
yes but i dont want synthetic styrings ont he crosses i want all the same string in all the racquet