PDA

View Full Version : FiberTour or Syntronic Brio?

Bobo Lat
11-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Which one is crisper? Which one is more powerful? Which one do you like more and why? Thanks in advance.

Bobo Lat
11-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh and which one is best for spin?!

Bobo Lat
11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Baaah, feel like I'm talking to myself here... Anyway, I decided Syntronic Brio in gauge 17 is what I wanted. So, I ordered it from our good friends at TW...

bruce nissenbaum
11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Have been very pleased with my current playtest of SynBrio 17 @ 60# in PSC 6.1 95. Tested FiberTour a while ago and did not like it. SB has a nice crisp, yet soft feel; FT felt much stiffer. SB has superb feel on volleys; FT felt boardy. Serves and overheads much better with SB than FT. The SB has controllable 'pop.' Up to now, the only 2 multis I've liked are Laserfibre Supreme 17 and Head Rip Control 17. I still want to get more playtime with the SB but, as of now, I'd add Bab Syntronic Brio 17 to my multi list.

Bobo Lat
11-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Have been very pleased with my current playtest of SynBrio 17 @ 60# in PSC 6.1 95. Tested FiberTour a while ago and did not like it. SB has a nice crisp, yet soft feel; FT felt much stiffer. SB has superb feel on volleys; FT felt boardy. Serves and overheads much better with SB than FT. The SB has controllable 'pop.' Up to now, the only 2 multis I've liked are Laserfibre Supreme 17 and Head Rip Control 17. I still want to get more playtime with the SB but, as of now, I'd add Bab Syntronic Brio 17 to my multi list.

Thanks!

ferrari_827
11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I agree with the above. Brio is much better than Fibertour, which is entirely overrated in my opinion.

alfa164164
11-09-2005, 01:14 PM
I haven't used the Syntronic Brio, but I will say that FiberTour does soften up nicely over time. Very crisp initially though. I think FiberTour is a good product.

Valjean
11-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Which one is crisper? Which one is more powerful? Which one do you like more and why? Thanks in advance.
FiberTour is crisper, SB is perhaps a bit more powerful, and both would lend a consistency to your game. At this point, you might consider the price break you get with FiberTour, too, and a durable string it is, at that... An' I think you might need a further comparison, with Powergy, to satisfy you...

Richie Rich
11-10-2005, 03:20 PM
i've got fibretour 16 in my racquet now. been a few years since i used it last but remebered it being crisp. well, must say i like the string. it's softer than poly, crisp feel, good durability. however, i do notice a reduction in spin but not too much. just doesn't seem to grab the ball like lux did. for the money it's a great string.

brio, if i remember, is a touch softer than fibretour. liked that one too.

matchpoint54
11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I like Brio better. It's softer and plays better.