PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Prime Gut

alfa164164
11-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I know our beloved TW does not currently carry this string, but I gotta chime in and say what a great product this is. I sure hope TW brings them back. This is my favorite gut, and I've tried alot of them (but not the Titan stuff). I've also tried Pacific Poly Force and it is a decent string as far as polys go.

Cruzer
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
It is certainly an excellent gut string. Unfortunately Pacific does not seem very interested in distributing their product in the U.S. As much as I would like it available again I doubt TW is going to try and sell their products again when deliveries from Pacific are unpredictable. All TW ends up with are a bunch of frustrated customers that have not received their orders.

mctennis
11-10-2005, 09:03 AM
I thought I remembered ordering Pacific gut from TW a few years ago ( maybe 2001). I'd like to buy more of it from a reputable dealer. I've had offers from some places I've questioned their reputation and haven't ordered anything from them.

Rabbit
11-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Pacific gut is my personal favorite. I had some from TW and really liked it. IMO, it played firmer than other guts and had great durability.

tlm
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Pacific makes the best natural gut .

Stan
04-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Pacific Gut is now distributed in the US by a company called the Garrison Sports Group. The former distrbutor, Strings and Grips, was unreliable...though it may have been a supplier issue...hard to tell. Garrison will have to overcome this before they will thrive with this brand. I wouldn't be surprised to see it make a comeback and eventually excel in the US marketplace. Pacific makes some excellent playing gut. It is only a matter of time before it becomes more widely available if the distribution problems they experienced in the past are worked out, and they seem to be.

chiru
04-04-2006, 04:57 AM
ive heard alot about this string, mostly positive, where can you buy it, is it a good first gut? (ive never used gut before)

gregraven
04-04-2006, 05:02 AM
[...] The former distrbutor, Strings and Grips, was unreliable...though it may have been a supplier issue...hard to tell. [...]

Strings and Grips was run by one of the principles of Pacific Natural Gut. However, I get the feeling that Pacific is production-limited on its natural gut, with a lot of it being sold outside the U.S.

gregraven
04-04-2006, 05:04 AM
ive heard alot about this string, mostly positive, where can you buy it, is it a good first gut? (ive never used gut before)

Pacific's natural gut is wonderful to play with, but it doesn't have the lubricated coating that Babolat (for example) has. Once you get use to working with it, stringing Pacific is not a problem, but for your first try, Babolat is easier when doing the crosses.

chiru
04-04-2006, 05:15 AM
i'm having a lot of trouble opening the garrison sports group site, i donno if their server works properly

chiru
04-04-2006, 05:16 AM
i wont be stringing it myself, and if i were, i suppose they have wax you can buy for gut i guess. how much does pacific gut cost, (the cheapest version if they have a budget gut)