PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Strings

zorg
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Do all Luxilon strings have imense spin potential? Also, I just looked up a random Luxilon string-Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L- and it said it is power oriented. Does that mean also all Luxilon strings have a lot of power with a lot of spin, or just this particular one?

Finally, I want Luxilon, but people say it is to hard to play with for your arm with just luxilon, so they get hybrids with gut. But, if you can't afford gut, what else can you put in on a hybrid to soften up Luxilon like gut does, without hindering the spin?

Edit: How can a 16L string have a lot of spin, isn't that a thick string?

dmastous
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Do all Luxilon strings have imense spin potential? Also, I just looked up a random Luxilon string-Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L- and it said it is power oriented. Does that mean also all Luxilon strings have a lot of power with a lot of spin, or just this particular one?

Finally, I want Luxilon, but people say it is to hard to play with for your arm with just luxilon, so they get hybrids with gut. But, if you can't afford gut, what else can you put in on a hybrid to soften up Luxilon like gut does, without hindering the spin?
I put Alu Power Rough in my nTour. I've only had a chance to hit with it once. It took some getting used to. Not the same pop I'm used to. I didn't notice much more spin that I got with NXT. I didn't feel I had as much control as I do with Forten Thin Blend. I have to say I wasn't completely sold on first try, but I have to play more with it.
I'm not sure about what it does to your arm. I know Luxilon recommends you go looser than you would normally. That may be all you need to do to protect yourself.

doriancito
11-09-2005, 06:20 PM
the alupower has TONS of power! i was impressed i didnt think it was going to be that much

156MPHserve
11-09-2005, 08:22 PM
I think a Poly will generate less spin...

zorg
11-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Any more suggestions?