PDA

View Full Version : String for a HPS 6.1 Std.

!<-_->!
02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Within the past week, I've asked about many multis to buy. However, today I hit with my HPS that had a full poly string job in it. To my luck, my arm did not hurt from it. I think it stopped hurting because I fixed my weird service motion that put too much stress on my elbow. So now my question is what would be a good string for a HPS 6.1 Std. I would use a multi, but I shred through that stuff too fast and it would cost too much money to keep replacing. So any synthetics(not multis) or polys that anyone would recommend would be nice. I've considered the Kirschbaum line(basically all their strings in 17 gauge) I don't plan on trying Luxilon because of cost reasons. Also, how is Babolat Hurricane and Topspin Poly Polar? Any other string recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Pavlich
02-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Hurricane has been compared to Lux ALU in its feel.

If you have a concern about your arm's health, you could always hybrid the poly with a synthetic.
David

pounder
02-29-2004, 02:19 PM
OG Micro 17 plays nicely in the HPS's

Benjamin
03-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Try Kirschbaum Super Smash Honey 17g!!! I moved away from this string to the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L in order to get a little more touch, but the SS Honey 17g is a great string.

I pulled out my Hyper ProStaff 6.1 last night for the first time in probably 9 months and loved it!!! It may be taking the place of my POG mid soon. It is strung with the Super Smash Honey 17g at 62 pounds, if I remember correctly. Fantastic power, spin, and control.

It's definately one of the best polys out there and in a league of its own at that price.

Good luck.

Benamin

kreative
03-02-2004, 10:11 AM
benjamin, what is the tension stability of super smash honey? i think after 9 months, a poly definitely have lost some tension, so i doubt it's at 62lbs anymore.

if you're interested in kirschbaum, try competition. i think it plays well, and holds tension pretty well also. i haven't tried touch turbo, but many like it. hurricane supposedly plays similarly to ALU. poly polar is a soft, comfortable playing poly that will lose alot of tension, you may want to try hybriding it w/ a synthetic/multi cross. a friend of mine just recently switched to klip xplosive in his 6.1 (from kirsch competition) and likes it alot. it's a hybrid of natural gut and poly.