PDA

View Full Version : My Pro Hurricane 16 Strings

mwahsun
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
I own a Babolat AeroPro Drive+, and I have Pro Hurricane Strings that I've had for 5 months, and the thing is that my strings don't move (probably because of my high tension: 60). Also my strings are in great condition. My friend gave me a suggestion to occasionally change my strings. Should I take his advice and get new strings? If so, what great strings are out there available for AeroPro Drive+ that would give me power as well as control.

Two strings that are in my mind right now is:

- Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 (same as old strings)
- Luxilon Big Banger ALU-Power 16L String
- Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L String

Can you guys please comment on my selections above, or give me other suggestions on other strings that might be compatible for my gameplay. Thank you! :D

MTChong
11-09-2005, 06:46 PM
I would definitely change it; the Hurricane loses a lot of tension after even a few weeks; 5 months is well past it's lifetime. I'd say you try the ALU Power or just take the Hurricane (You can even try hybriding with a synthetic in the crosses for a softer stringbed)

mwahsun
11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
So Luxilon over Pro Hurricane?

156MPHserve
11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, 5 months is kind of pushing it even if it doesn't break, the strings are most likely dead. However, this depends on how frequently you play. Are you a weekend warrior? Do you play more than once a week?

I'd say, if you play:
-everyday you should probably restring once a month
-more than once a week you shuold probably restring once every 2 months
-once a week 3 months/when your strings die (whichever occurs first)

If money isn't too big a problem (pro hurricane isn't that expensive) you should avoid playing with dead strings as it's bad for your arm and it'll take more effort to generate the same shot as new strings.

As for your string choices:

You also need to tell us how you find the Pro Hurricane.

You say you want more power and control, but do you find the string too harsh?

Luxilon will probably give you a tiny more pop, but it's a bit stiffer.

If you want the best of both worlds, consider using the 17 guage of Pro Hurricane. This will give you more pop that you want.

If you're willing to try out hybrids, a lot of people would suggest a natural gut/poly hybrid. Also, a synthetic to soften or liven up the stringbed a little might be nice.

mwahsun
11-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I play more than 3 times a week actually .. every time i play i usually play over 2 hours .. so i play quite often. I've also noticed that I have to put more power into my shots now.. probably because my strings are DEAD.. but w/e.

thejackal
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Use a hybrid, Hurricane in the mains and a syngut in the crosses. I can see that you're not a big string breaker, so maybe even go back to a multifilament or something less durable unless you like the spin that poly gives you.

srv vlly
11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Use a hybrid, Hurricane in the mains and a syngut in the crosses. I can see that you're not a big string breaker, so maybe even go back to a multifilament or something less durable unless you like the spin that poly gives you.
good point, and agreed with

ZhangM58
11-10-2005, 06:21 PM
since you already have the hurricane, why change string brands? Try the Hurricane 17, its a thinner string compared to the 16. In my opinion, it gives a bit of more power and a "bite" of the ball.

156MPHserve
11-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I see... try Unique Big Hitter... most people compare it to Luxilon saying it's the same except with added softness.

nViATi
11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
If a poly lasts you over 5 months then maybe you should try using a multi or a syn gut instead. You might like it more. It'll be a lot easier on your arm. Poly is used mainly by guys who break strings really fast.

Swan Song
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I own a Babolat AeroPro Drive+, and I have Pro Hurricane Strings that I've had for 5 months, and the thing is that my strings don't move (probably because of my high tension: 60). Also my strings are in great condition. My friend gave me a suggestion to occasionally change my strings. Should I take his advice and get new strings? If so, what great strings are out there available for AeroPro Drive+ that would give me power as well as control.

Two strings that are in my mind right now is:

- Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 (same as old strings)
- Luxilon Big Banger ALU-Power 16L String
- Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L String

Can you guys please comment on my selections above, or give me other suggestions on other strings that might be compatible for my gameplay. Thank you! :D

If you already like the way the Hurricane 16 plays, I suggest the 17 gauge version. It is less dull than the 16 gauge.

EsteroTennis
01-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Definitely give UNIQUE BIG HITTER 17gauge a try.....you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well this string play. IMO, it plays better than ALU Big Banger and only costs $6.95 a set at TW.