PDA

View Full Version : Need Stringing Services

Jaen
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I live in San Francisco, CA and need to get a racquet strung (prince turbo shark). I know there is free stringing at Sportsmart (sports authority) if you buy the string there, but I've heard a few horror stories about people getting their racquets strung there. I was wondering if anyone got their racquet strung the Daly City Sportmart before, the one next to Circuit City and OfficeMax(Depot?) and could share their experience.

Or perhaps someone could suggest a better place to get the racquet strung at? Perhaps Copeland's?

Thanks

Cornel
11-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Or perhaps someone could suggest a better place to get the racquet strung at? Perhaps Copeland's?

Thanks

Use this link:
http://www.usrsa.com/top/stringer_search.html

C.

Nuke
11-10-2005, 04:06 AM
In my area, that site lists the Sports Authority, so I wouldn't exactly use it as a guide to the better stringers.

POGO
11-10-2005, 04:15 AM
I live in San Francisco, CA and need to get a racquet strung (prince turbo shark). I know there is free stringing at Sportsmart (sports authority) if you buy the string there, but I've heard a few horror stories about people getting their racquets strung there. I was wondering if anyone got their racquet strung the Daly City Sportmart before, the one next to Circuit City and OfficeMax(Depot?) and could share their experience.

Thanks
Actually, the stringing is already included with the pack of string. A pack of cheap Prince Synthetic gut for $18.00 at Sportmart is outrages. So it is not free. They just want to fool you into thinking that the string job is free.

That same pack of string sells for less than $4 to $5.00 USD.

They will not reduce the price if you only want to purchase the pack, you have to pay the $18.00 regardless. RIP OFF!!!!!

You better off learning how to string and string yourself. In the long run will save you much $$$, the stringing machine will pay itself off, and you learn a valuble skill that all tennis players should know.

bookem
11-10-2005, 05:26 AM
Just take it to one of the private clubs (SFTC), public (Golden Gate), or other specialty shops (the old Don Sherwood's on Grant)...

Cornel
11-10-2005, 05:50 AM
In my area, that site lists the Sports Authority, so I wouldn't exactly use it as a guide to the better stringers.

Actually, in my area that site lists a guy who works at Sports Authority...:mrgreen: He is one of the two MRT's who live in a 20 mile radius from my zip code. :p

Cheers
C.

wwkchan1
11-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Yes, my stringer also worked at a Sports Authority. You should try to contact him outside of SA. My stringer does work on the side out of his house and charges $10 for labor, I supply the strings. It works for me , since he lives a block away from me!