PDA

View Full Version : Babolat String Savers

Matthew
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Are you guys EVER going to get those back in stock!? I ordered them about 3 weeks ago when the restock date was October 13th and I was placing my order on the 14th. I figured that you guys just hadn't updated the status or something, and I went ahead and placed the order. Then a few days later, you changed the restock date to Nov 7th! I check again on Nov 7th and again the status wasn't updated, and now it says Nov 18th! Cmon TW, whats the deal? I'm sure its something out of your control, but how come the restock dates keep changing?

TW Staff
11-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Matthew, I apologize for the continued backorder of the Babolat ElastoCross. The restock date changes when the manufacturer changes their shipping date. As you said, it's out of our control. Babolat is usually pretty good about shipping products on time, but this must be something that's out of their control... sorry for your continued frustration. Don/Tennis Warehouse

Matthew
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Just goes to show you not to be tempted by what the pros use. Had I have picked a brand of string savers NOT used by Federer, I would be enjoying them now! These string savers better be made of gold or something...

Sixpointone
11-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Matthew,

One thing I wanted to mention is that if you end up liking the Babolat Elastocross, and have the funds available to pick up extras, I'd suggest that to you.

I say that as inevtiably back orders can happen. And for me what I have found works best is to have a small inventory of back up items should such things occur.

Mind you, I know for any number of reasons this approach can not and will not work for all, but I decided to post in hopes it might help some.

Regards,
John

diredesire
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Just goes to show you not to be tempted by what the pros use. Had I have picked a brand of string savers NOT used by Federer, I would be enjoying them now! These string savers better be made of gold or something...

I know you might be wanting to try babolat's string savers, but i might recommend the gexco string eyes. They're pretty excellent.

Matthew
11-15-2005, 10:49 PM
I know you might be wanting to try babolat's string savers, but i might recommend the gexco string eyes. They're pretty excellent.

I believe that string savers, other than obviously saving your strings, also provide a slight increase in spin. My assumption is, since Federer is using the Elastocross String Savers, I am assuming those ones are going to provide the most spin or have the greatest effect (because I doubt Federer is actually worried about the life of his strings during a couple hours of play).

6.1 - I usually do that with overgrips and stuff like that, however this is my first time ordering string savers, and since I am probably going to use them in a pattern similar to Roger's, I will only be using about 10 of them. I should have a few extra, no? ;) Plus aren't string savers pretty much reusable anyway? Regardless, good advice that I definetely follow and defintely recommend to others.

joe1987
11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
matthew, did you change your racket from the pure drive? Why? But I gotta admit that the 6.1 is a better racket. I liked it.

Matthew
11-19-2005, 10:13 AM
matthew, did you change your racket from the pure drive? Why? But I gotta admit that the 6.1 is a better racket. I liked it.

Yes I did, and I'm loving it. I picked up 2 brand new 6.1's for $120 on clearance at Sports Authority just to give it a try. So much more feel. I never realized the Pure Drive was so stiff (although I had heard it was) until I hit with a racquet like the 6.1.

BTW, the in stock date of the Elastocross String Savers has AGAIN changed, now to November 22nd. This is crazy.

diredesire
11-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Yes I did, and I'm loving it. I picked up 2 brand new 6.1's for $120 on clearance at Sports Authority just to give it a try. So much more feel. I never realized the Pure Drive was so stiff (although I had heard it was) until I hit with a racquet like the 6.1.

BTW, the in stock date of the Elastocross String Savers has AGAIN changed, now to November 22nd. This is crazy.

The 6.1 is known to be a pretty stiff 'player's frame' as well.

I still think you should try picking up some of the string eyes. They're a very underrated product. The babolat elastocrosses are almost (if not) identical to other products such as the unique string savers and what not.

To be honest, if you're looking for a boost to your spin potential you're better off changing strings. Although i love the Gosen PFT 15l, and it's spin potential is great for the gauge, i would try something thinner and perhaps stiffer. The string savers aren't going to give you any really noticeable durability gains, and the added "texture"/separated string bed is going to give you negligible gains, as well.

Matthew
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Everyone rejoice - the Elastocross are back in stock. I'm always excited when I know things are on their way in the mail.

Deuce
12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
I believe that string savers, other than obviously saving your strings, also provide a slight increase in spin. My assumption is, since Federer is using the Elastocross String Savers, I am assuming those ones are going to provide the most spin or have the greatest effect (because I doubt Federer is actually worried about the life of his strings during a couple hours of play).

I believe your assumption is incorrect. Federer's spin is as a result of his wrist, not his string savers.

And, yes, many pros are worried about breaking strings in the middle of a game. They've got the feel of a particular racquet down, and do not want any unscheduled racquet changes which might alter their rhythm. This is the main reason that pro players use string savers - and also one of the main reasons that many are now using Polyester strings.