PDA

View Full Version : TW demo program stringing concern

coach
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
In a few hours I am about to hit with the 4 Pro Kennex racquets TW sent to me to demo. I was not pleased to see 2 of them strung with Wilson NXT, one strung with "Non sensitive test string" (?), and the last with a white string with no markings. When I last demoed racquets from you guys (in '02) I thought the policy was to string all lines with the same string at 2 lbs over midpoint. Today I will be hitting with different racquets BUT will the difference in feel be because of the frame or also partly because of the string? I just HOPE they are all strung at mid (or mid + 2) or else who knows what I will be reacting to with different strings, different relative tension and different frames. Please comment.

TW Staff
11-10-2005, 01:49 PM
It is our policy to string all demos, initially, from a specific vendor with the same string. However, it's quite possible that a few of these racquets were re-strung (even possibly by a customer). With the overwhelming volume of demo racquets, we don't always re-string with the same string used initially. We do string (and re-string) our demos with multifilament strings at mid +2. So, they should be similar, from the standpoint that the strings are the same type and tensions are similar. There is, of course, the possibility that the racquets were strung (or re-strung) at different times, which would also affect the playability. It's not a perfect world, but we do our best. Don/Tennis Warehouse