PDA

View Full Version : Jack Kramer Midsize wood string pattern

supremebeing
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Can anyone tell me the string patern on this racquet? Also recommended tension range?

ChicagoJack
11-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I have one in my collection, still has a hint of the original wilson stencil on it. I might be able to describe what you are looking for, but I am not a stringer so you'd have to guide me through it. I'm assuming you can tell the pattern by looking at one that's already strung? If it's been unstrung for quite a while you might want to think twice about putting strings in it. The midsize woodies were/are more inclined to warp on you than the standard size.

-Jack

supremebeing
11-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello Chico Jack, I just bought the racquet on ****. It is a brand new one never used or strung. I intend to play with it, so not stringing it is not an option, although I take your point that from a collectors point of view stringing it is probably a bad idea. If you could tale a bunch of pictures of the racquet head of the racquet from the front and the sides, including a view fron the top, I can probably firure out how to string it, I did this for someone recently for a Poncho Gonzales autogrtaph. I have one of those witt the original string and someone needed to string thiers. I took a bunch of pictures and they figured it out from there. It would be greatly appreciated.

ChicagoJack
11-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey man, glad to help you out, they will probably be crappy photos from my wifes cell phone camera, but it might be good enough for you to use. Ironically, I sit here at work surrounded by 20 high end digital cameras, but the studio is cranking at full speed this time of year and too busy "goverment" jobs.

I'll send you something this weekend, if you've got an e-mail address in your public profile i can use that.

That's a great e b a y find. I was on the lookout for mine for five years before one surfaced. I take it off wall and onto the court every blue moon or so. Its amazing how playable some of these frames still are, even after 30 years on the shelf, with original strings even.

take care, have a great weekend down in sunny florida.
-Jack

supremebeing
11-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Chico Jack, I have the e-mail turned enabled so you should be able to e-mail me with the pics. If you can't, reply back on this thread. This is a big help, much appreciated. Do you belong to an indoor club? How much does that set one back on average?

PBODY99
11-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Any Usrsa Certified Stringer Should Be Able To Handle This Job As The Pattern Is In The Datbase Under Wood Rackets.

supremebeing
11-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I am going to try and string it myself. I looked aound and could not find the pattern for this racquet. If it in the USRSA database I do not have access to it. Perhaps it can be had from Wilson?

OnyxZ28
11-13-2005, 01:27 PM
18x20, Two piece, but aside from that I couldn't tell you which holes to skip.

ChicagoJack
11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi supremebeing.

I have 9 closeup photos to send you. Ive just sent you my e-mail address, via your profile link. Just email me back so i can use my own browser to send them. Sorry for the delay, but I've been locking horns in the "So sick of Bush" thread for longer than I care to admit this weekend. uuuggh. Somebody stop me.

Best regards
-jack