PDA

View Full Version : What is the UGLIEST RACQUET ON THE MARKET?

Shaolin
02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
My vote: The "Torch". Horrible. Someone should be fired for that.

My next choice, the Surge, because its a good racquet, yet the graphcs are unbearable. Same with the HPS 6.1. Memo to Wilson: seek help!! Any freshman at any art institute can do 5,000 times better than this.

The other racquets I listed sort of pale in comparison to these, IMO.

The Estusas I nominated for its deformed looking head shape. Kinda looks like one of my frames after Ive smashed it into the court a few times. Ive heard they hit well though so dont get mad at me you Estusaphiles out there.

fastdunn
02-26-2004, 06:37 PM
What about the jail house frame Babolat PD ?

Shaolin
02-26-2004, 07:14 PM
jail house? not sure which one you are talking about.

@wright
02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
As soon as I saw this poll, I knew it had to be a Shaolin original. I really like the way the Estusas look, very classic and the colors are cool to me, especially the paint on the PBB, almost like a blue racing checkerboard, it's pretty sweet. Have you ever held the Volkl Catapult 10? I think it's pretty damn ugly from the paint and the headshape.

Craig Sheppard
02-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Not to burst everyone's bubble (because I voted for the Torch too), but I think Wilson has redone its graphics into a more subtle blue and silver variety for '04... bummer, no more NASCAR Pro Staff... :(

-Craig.

Shaolin
02-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Actually that might be the Zone youre talking about.

Alan, maybe up close the Estusa it looks cool, I can believe that, some racquets have a lot of details you can make out from photos. it helps that you like the racquet also.

The main racquets I have a problem with are the first 3 Wilsons. Hopefully Wilson monitors this site (as they should, if theyre smart) and will get a clue, as their sticks are winning the ugly contest by an entire lap.

Hawaii 5.0
02-26-2004, 11:49 PM
MegaAge

Benjamin
02-27-2004, 04:36 AM
I voted "other."

I consider the Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.2 to be the ugliest racquet on the market today. I always hoped that someone would make an orange racquet (my favorite color), now I'm sorry I did. Color is awful and that Halloween (orange / black striped) grip is hideous.

Benjamin

Morpheus
02-27-2004, 04:39 AM
I think the question should be: what's the best players frame with the ugliest graphics?

Answer: iPrestige

Just about any Wilson frame comes in second.

And Prince next (if they would take the time to make a players frame.)

jmckinney
02-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Wilson Torch is the ugliest graphics wise. The Babolat Aerotour has the ugliest shape.

Shaolin
02-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Benjamin-
Darn, I was actually going to list the frame you are talking about but forgot. That one is made esp. terrible by the grip, its an abomination. Strike 5 against Wilson.

@wright
02-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Pumpkin pie.....mmmmmmm. To assess a frame's ugliness, one must really factor in all of its properties, such as paint, width, shape, and handle length. I think the iradical is pretty ugly too, not by WIlson torch standards, but...

bfonz7
02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Wilson Surge by far...and this is from a past user.

I liked it at first cause of the yellow, but the more and more i used it the more and more i disliked it. esp when i started seeing the Bryan bros using them, it really kicked in.....the yellow and black is fine, but when you add some red in there and silver, it just looks mangled. Esp when both sides aren't the same graphics :roll:

Ronaldo
02-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Wilson PS 6.0, glad it is dc'd, need to change those plain jane Samprasesque dull matte black to the HPS 6.0 graphics or the HH 6.6 roller yellow. Even better, yellow and black stripes just like that grip.

polakosaur
02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
surge and aero tour are crap

LittleMAC
02-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Morpheus, do you really think the i. prestige is that bad? After they changed the old style of paint, I kinda like the way it looks, especially with a nice white grip. I will agree it is NOTHING compared to the candy apple red of the classic, but hey, I like the paint of the i. prestige. BTW... I voted for the torch... what a hideous piece of shhhh... o well... if I were to vote for a players stick, I would go with #24... Jeff Gordon... I mean the 6.1

matchpoints
02-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Hawaii 5.0 you HATER!! I happen to like the undercover Megaage sticks.!
What we need is an ALL BLACK stick. This way we can concentrate on the game not the prettiness of our sticks. Oh yah, matte finish please, not gloss.

I'll take some yellow strings though ;)

Ronaldo
02-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Whatever happened to the high gloss, metalflake paintjobs of the Prestige and Prince Graphite II? Too sweet????

corncob3466
02-27-2004, 06:13 PM
torch definently, and whats that new thing with the head rotated 45 degress?

Ronaldo
02-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Obviously, I'm lost in the 70s with high gloss Maxply Forts and Garcias, Pro Select Wilsons and Advantages, with the sweetest patinas, soft flex and lip smacking glossy wet finishes. Why not some cheap, flat, black, whack, chips if you touch it, $29.95 6.1, no perimeter-weighting, no damping, bad grip, bad string, too heavy clone.

Koz
02-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Torch for ugliest color scheme. Aerotour for ugliest overall shape. Blech...

Loud
02-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Looks like the Torch is the hands down loser.

Tennis North
02-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Definitely the Torch.