PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Sensation on FP Radical MP-Bad...Need Help!

zorg
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Has anyone ever tried Wilson Sensation 17 @ 58 on a FlexPoint Radical MP? It felt really dampened and not much power. This was my first day with my new FP Radical, I didn't want to have a bad impression of it the first time I played :-(. Well, I still know it is a good racket. Next I am going to try Alu Power Rough 16L on the mains and something like XCel Premium 17 (just to soften up the Luxilon a little because I hear it is hard on the arm) on the crosses. The tension will be 56 ( is that a good tension?) Does that sound like a good hybrid? I want some nice power and spin, but not undermining the control (like the nCode 90- Powerful, yet control is there also). Thanks for all your help, and if you have other suggestions of what to put with Alu Power instead of XCel, feel free to suggest something.

GRANITECHIEF
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM
That will be an excellent set up, close to mine. I'm using RAB (monofilament poly that i got a reel of for super cheap) and Gosen OG 17 at 55 and it hits sweet.

Kevo
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I've never played with ALU before, but every poly I've played with has had less power than a synthetic. If you want more power, why not try a powerful multi like Tecnifibre 515 or Live Wire XP or something similar. A poly would most likely have less power. I assume by power we are talking about the depth of shot on an average swing. However, if by power you mean the feeling of hitting the ball hard, or impact force, maybe a poly is what you want?

joe1987
11-11-2005, 07:05 PM
try the head intelli string

Tezuka Kunimitsu
05-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Has anyone ever tried Wilson Sensation 17 @ 58 on a FlexPoint Radical MP?

I tried the head flexpoint radical mp with wilson sensation at 60 and it felt wonderful, great control. hm yes there was not a lot of power persay. But I liked my placement and touch...That is the only the that may take me away from the racquet, but maybe I need tension a little lower?... I still can over power my oppent with it... Just can not deliver bombs.

~Joe