PDA

View Full Version : String Pick LM Prestige

JPlay_1723
11-11-2005, 11:20 AM
It seems that I keep making the wrong decisions when it comes to strings. I find something I like but then I always find myself wanting something better. Everyone on the boards and in the pro's use gut so I said what the heck and purchased some $40 strings!
My current racket is the nsixone 95 (16/18). I like the racquet and string it with PSGD 16 black at 59m/60x. This string feels stiff at first, then it plays sweet for about quite awhile, then gets soft moves all around and snaps. I have just purchased a LM prestige MP and want to use the gut in it. I had it strung by TW with Head FXP at 58 pounds. At first it played nice and crisp for a multi but not it feels like mush and I can't keep the ball on the court with any power. Now finally my question is WHAT TENSION for the VS 17g gut in the lm prestige mp. I know gut is soft but Iíve heard that it can become boardy at high tension (I hate poly and can't play well with stiff strings). I really don't want to get the tension wrong because Iíve heard gut can last a long time if you're not a string breaker (and Iím not).
I play mostly baseline with a semi-western grip and love to hit drop shots to end points quickly. I am 6'4" 175lbs and 19 years old. The package of gut says 62lbs it max tension.
Thanks for reading it and sorry for the long length (first post)

JPlay_1723
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
i also have sensation, timo, psgd, and stamina....would any of those be good?...also what tension should i use?

JPlay_1723
11-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Tell my what strings and tensions you have tried and how it worked out.....pLeAsE...

Rookie
11-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I strung my 2 LM Prestige Mid with Ultra Tour 16L (main) hybrid with Volkl Power Fiber both at 62lbs. It can last for about 16 hours hard hitting.

I am a baseline hard hitter, and it gives tremdous bite, but you really have to generate power by your own. The only drawback is that it is quite hard for big kick serve. Actually, I used Tonic+ Ball Feel for cross, and don't have this kick-serve problem (quite similar in other aspects). However, the gut only can last for 6hr or 2-3 matches. It cost too much, and that why I switched to Power Fiber.

It really worth to have a try.

nViATi
11-12-2005, 07:56 AM
i use synthetic gut (not multis) at 62 tension on my lm prestige mp. I just find whichever synthetic gut has the coolest colors and put them in. :)

JPlay_1723
11-12-2005, 09:00 AM
seems like people like fairly high tension with this stick...

Vamz
11-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I had these done:

TiMo 18 and Prince Perfection 17.
This was good, the perfection softened it, and made the hoop stiff, keeping the felx in the throat, just like I like it.
Low power, tons of control and spin.

Prince Polygut 17 and Prince Perfection 17
This was my favorite combo, but gave me arm pain for some reason. People claim polygut is soft, but for some odd reason did not mesh well with me. More power, control, and spin than the above combo.

Prince Perfection 17
This is what I am using now. I am trying to get used to the soft strings, it's been going, but it will take a little longer to where I am really comfortable with it. This string has lasted me over 10 hours, which is enough for me. The strings are fraying, and look like they are about to go. I am going to try to stick with the soft strings cause apparently they are better for my arm(haven't had progress with pain reduction, hopefully this will get better with time)

I hope this helps.

nViATi
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
seems like people like fairly high tension with this stick...
When I had it at a lower tension it felt too soft and "trampoliney" for me.

leog
11-14-2005, 12:30 AM
I like the mains with Technifibre X1 or NRG2, 17 or 18g, and the crosses with PSG 17 (not the duraflex, but regular PSG--no need for duraflex in a cross string). I pre-stretch both and put them in ~57lbs.

The Prestige's 18x20 pattern is dense enough that you should go for the thinnest guage you can get away with.

OnyxZ28
11-14-2005, 01:38 AM
I had mine with Prince Syn. Gut Duraflex 17g at 50 lbs. Loved it.

JPlay_1723
11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anybody every tried gut in this darn thing....:mrgreen:

amcgula
01-10-2006, 04:00 PM
I`ve got mine LM prestige mids with Pro Hurricane 16 at 53 lbs, and I really like it for 10 -12 hrs (after it becames to stiff and tends to break)(or the strings or your arm)

ace of spades
01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
check out the other thread goin on about strings 4 prestige, i just posted there
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=81588

ace of spades
01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
with what you have you can do a timo (55) x sensation (around 55) hybrid. I would try that before you go all out and buy some gut.