PDA

View Full Version : Wilson & Luxilon

David Pavlich
11-12-2005, 11:32 AM
It's official. Wilson will become the worldwide distributor of Luxilon beginning in January 2006.

David

dmastous
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Yikes! I'm not sure if that is such good news.

diredesire
11-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Yikes! I'm not sure if that is such good news.

It could be great news, it could be bad news. For sure the lux strings will have more market penetration, but they may hold a "monopoly" on the high end poly market. There are enough competitors with equal if not better products, though. I think that not much is going to change. We've got the Signum PPP, the Zo line, the Unique Poly Big hitter... If they start raising the prices, I would think most people would just switch to something else.

But then again... the saying goes:
"Wilson is a marketing company that happens to sell tennis products"

156MPHserve
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't mind as long as they don't raise the prices...

Da One
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Wilson is taking over because they are also wanting to make a name for themselves as far as professional stringing is concerned. It's a good move, however I wonder what this will do for Wilson's Enduro strings

LoveThisGame
11-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Back when FORTEN started selling Luxilon strings, I emailed them. It took over a month for a response. Fortunately others started selling Lux, since I wasn't going to buy from FORTEN.

Wilson? I dunno.

Joe12
11-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Now they will say that Federer uses Wilson Natural Gut and Wilson ALU-Power so they won't have to say half Wilson Gut and half synthetic. So more money for Wilson and for Luxilon. Sounds like a good idea.

doriancito
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't mind as long as they don't raise the prices...
Im afraid they will, since it will be the distributor wilson will invert tons of $$$ into adveritsement and convincing people that luxilon and wilson are the BEST combination, so this is what i think will happen.
Wilson will have very good offers on luxilon strings if you purchase a Wilson racquet, like there will be a certain string for the stick you are buying and a good deal for the string.

But if you just want strings, wilson will rise the price since they have to recover the money they will spend in new "images" to the public making the new "look" of wilson and luxilon.

But im sure wilson wont be stupid enough to rise up the price, i mean they will if you only buy 1 string set but lets say you buy 10, then you will have a discount, wilson will study very carefully the economic situation to make the best profit ever and satisfy the costumer.

This is my business man theory:
Sell TOOOOOOOOOOONS of products at a cheap price, to not lose costumer and still be selling TOOOOOOOOOONS and having TOOOOOONS of profit

Ronaldo
11-29-2005, 10:22 AM
http://207.241.65.7/wilson/newsletter/index.asp?ID=52

moosryan
11-29-2005, 10:34 AM
If you guys recall...Wilson didn't create enduro strings, they just took over the production of them.

legolas
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
If you guys recall...Wilson didn't create enduro strings, they just took over the production of them.
oh yeah!!!!!!!!

doriancito
11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
so which company really makes them?

legolas
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
they better not raise the prices, i use the wilson ncode tour 90, and they betetr not **** us on string prices too!!!!!!!!!!

volleys_tennis_master
12-01-2005, 12:01 PM
so thats y wilson is selling enduro like dirt cheap. its a good idea for both companies: wilson adds a good string to itself, and luxilon will prob get more publicity thru wilson