PDA

View Full Version : Unique Big Hitter Problem?

Tennis17ace
11-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Has anyone had trouble stringing with Unique Big Hitter? I use 17 gauge and awhile ago I had the string snap in the middle of pulling the mains, then just recently, I was almost done with the crosses and a main snaps. I know the string is supposed to be softer than most polys, but still, two uncalled for breaks. I've never had any other string snap during restringing other than this string. Comments?

equinox
11-12-2005, 08:31 PM
It may have had a weak point from unnoticed kinking.

ffrpg
11-12-2005, 10:23 PM
I actually tried stringing my Prestige a couple days ago with Big Hitter in a poly/syn gut hybrid (Big Hitter in the mains with Ektelon Powerplay in the crosses). I was on the 3rd to last cross string and the 3T main string just snapped. Afterwards, I inspected the grommet and it seemed to be fine. Not really sure what went wrong. The other half from the same set strung up easily w/o any problems.

Richie Rich
11-13-2005, 03:35 AM
what kind of machine you stringing on because i've had no problems with the string.

Jerry Seinfeld
11-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Never had a problem with the string and have used it extensively.

RacquetDoctor
11-13-2005, 05:02 AM
I have had problems with the 17g. Max recommended tension for this string is 27kg, per my conversation with Unique. They did replace a reel for me.

I could set it up on my sensor and pull at 29kg and it would explode. The 16g I have strung numerous times over 30kg without issues.

jasonahuang
05-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Racet doctor,

How did u contact unique? I can't seem to find their email or phone number anywhere. I have had lots of problems with their big hitter.
Thanks,
Jason

jasonahuang
05-17-2006, 05:56 PM
www.uniquesports.us

If u have problems, email them at their website and they'll send u a replacement. U have to prove it the them first by telling them when u bought it.