PDA

View Full Version : Just got my hands on a Head LiquidMetal Prestige MP

shotstoppa
02-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I just now got my hands on one of the new LiquidMetal Prestiges in the MidPlus. I will be playing with it tomorrow (Friday) afternoon where I will be giving it an extensive playtest. After I play with it, if there is sufficient interest, I will post a review of my playtest of this racquet. To let you know a little bit about myself, I am a 5.0 left-handed serve and volleyer with a two handed backhand. I rush the net at any opportunity on the return, but on the serve I am just about always into the net after my serve. Previously, I have played with the PS 6.0 85, Prince Precision Response Ti MP, Head Classic Mid, Head i.Prestige Mid, and most recently, the Head Liquidmetal Radical MP (with lead tape added in the throat and at 12 and 6). I'll get back to you guys tomorrow with a playtest if you guys are all interested... talk to you soon!

billsonyu
02-27-2004, 12:50 AM
shotstoppa, would u pls tell me one website which has information about this racket? and look forward to your review!thanks

shotstoppa
02-27-2004, 07:55 PM
First words out of my mouth after playing with this frame for about 2.5 hours... UNBELIEVABLE. I have played with both the Liquidmetal Radical (with a lot of lead added to it), the i.Prestige, and the Head Classic Mid, and there is very little doubt in my mind that this racquet is up there with the best I've ever hit with. The Classic and i.Prestige both seemed to have a dead spot near the top of the string bed (probably because these were both in the midsize version), but this racquet is unbelievably solid, even on mishits. I hit about a half hour of serves, and most were second serves, but it seems to have the sam spin potential as the original Classic, both on the serve and on the slice. Groundstrokes felt solid, crisp, and had a lot of topspin with excellent control. If there is one complaint that I have about this racquet early on is that while volley were solid, I would still add some lead tape at 3 and 9 to ensure additional stability on volleys. Any other questions feel free to post here and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Chris

edge
02-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, my son's coach wants him to demo the LM Prestige, he was very impressed. Nice review Chris, if you get ahold of the LM Prestige Mid version, I would also be interested in the comparision.