PDA

View Full Version : Signum Poly Plasma/PolyStar Energy hybrid

Poluski
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey folks,
I'd like to pass on a positive experience with a Poly hybrid I tried. I used the Signmum Poly Plasma in mains and PolyStar Energy in crosses. For me this is the best combo I've tried ever. It's probably similar to Lux Touch hybrid series, as Lux Supersense appears to be simillar visually to Energy. I got both strings from that string man guy who some of you like to throw jabs at. One key to this combo is low tension. Before settling on this arrangement I swore I'd never use poly again (harsh), but I came back due to a need for my O3Tour (durability). My tension is in the low 40's on a constant pull machine. After reading many-a-posts on this board I'm convinced that most of the negative poly experiences here are due to high tensions. I urge you to just try something really low and see what you think. What I like about the Plasma/Energy hybrid is that strings don't move at all, great spin and consistent shot control. Comfort seems to be there. The sound is not as "dry" and sterile as other polys. I'm a big sound feedback guy. I use a damper and hate the ping. I like the solid "thwop". The thing I also like about the Plasma is low tension loss. About 10% after 5hrs. The best I've seen from any polys. The thing I like about Energy is that it's stretch characteristics on string machine is really like that of gut, but with better durability. Tension loss on Energy is not as good. Davydenko uses 100% Energy but he can afford new strings per match. Anyone else try this?

Poluski, 4.5er
O3 Tour

Waimea_Boy
11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Low 40s? I can't string my O3 Tours below 60 with poly.

man-walking
11-14-2005, 06:01 AM
There is almost non-existent feedback about polystar energy :(, I never managed to collect enough info to guess anything of this string...

racingdad23
11-22-2005, 10:58 PM
There is almost non-existent feedback about polystar energy :(, I never managed to collect enough info to guess anything of this string...

There is some positive feedback on this string and some testimonials at http://***************.com/BBoard/index.php also you can register for a chance to win some strings.

javier sergio
03-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Poluski: do you still have good control with Signum Poly Plasma in the low's 40?

I suffered TE (almost recovered) and I'm about to string my PK 5G with SPP. I know some people think polys are bad for the elbow, but I don't like to play with multis.

thanks