PDA

View Full Version : Prince Topspin (w/Duraflex) or Topspin Plus, which is better and why?

Bobo Lat
11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
If durability (the time it takes for the string to break) is not an issue.

Rabbit
11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I love Topspin 16 Plus. I wouldn't buy anything with Duraflex in it. Prince Topspin 16 is one of the best values out there. It's a great playing string, great feel, average durability. The 15L with Duraflex has been responsible for more than a few sore arms around here.

Bobo Lat
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks Rabbit! Anyone else with an opinion?

diredesire
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks Rabbit! Anyone else with an opinion?

If durability is not an issue, i'd play with topspin. As it is an issue, duraflex would be my choice. It's an all around syn gut, and the aramid fibers give it a slightly "crisp" feel. The topspin plus is a mediocre string, IMO, better than many syn guts, however, but the durability is horrible. I'd say give 'em both a try, they're not overly expensive, the added "texture" of the topspin string won't add much if anything to your game, but the more flexible nature may give you what you are looking for. It's all relative :)

Bobo Lat
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
If durability is not an issue, i'd play with topspin. As it is an issue, duraflex would be my choice. It's an all around syn gut, and the aramid fibers give it a slightly "crisp" feel. The topspin plus is a mediocre string, IMO, better than many syn guts, however, but the durability is horrible. I'd say give 'em both a try, they're not overly expensive, the added "texture" of the topspin string won't add much if anything to your game, but the more flexible nature may give you what you are looking for. It's all relative :)

diredesire, your post is kind of contradictory. On one side, you're saying that, if durability is not an issue (and it isn't for me, as long as the string, at least, lasts for a couple of hours... well and because that's the way I posted the question), you'd choose PTSP (Prince Top Spin Plus). On the other side, you're saying that PTSP is a mediocre string... I think what you may be saying is that, to you, PTSP does indeed play better than PTSD (Prince Top Spin w/Duraflex), but not so much better as to make you put that over it's lack of durability. Please confirm.

rooski
11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Synthetic guts are like ice cream. The make a lot of flavors for a reason. They all break fairly quickly so it depends on how YOU like your stringbed to feel. I like PSG w/D because I like that little extra crispness that the soft syn guts lack. For every 20 ppl who like it crisp...there will be 20 more that don't. Try 'em for yourself to see what YOU like best.

diredesire
11-16-2005, 09:05 AM
diredesire, your post is kind of contradictory. On one side, you're saying that, if durability is not an issue (and it isn't for me, as long as the string, at least, lasts for a couple of hours... well and because that's the way I posted the question), you'd choose PTSP (Prince Top Spin Plus). On the other side, you're saying that PTSP is a mediocre string... I think what you may be saying is that, to you, PTSP does indeed play better than PTSD (Prince Top Spin w/Duraflex), but not so much better as to make you put that over it's lack of durability. Please confirm.

I personally like the stiffer feel of Prince Syn gut w/ Duraflex. However, for a generic string that would retain it's playability for the longest time i'd probably opt for the top spin. It should be slightly softer in construction.

latinking
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Topspin 15l duraflex. Much better in every way.

LoveThisGame
03-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree with diredesire. Topspin Plus has poor durability.

SteveI
03-29-2007, 04:00 PM
If durability (the time it takes for the string to break) is not an issue.

Hi,

In most cases I do not not make general statements like this...But both strings suck...IMHO...there are at least 1,000,000 better strings/hybrids out there...

Steve

Kirko
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
any Prince string with Duraflex is a joke. it "steals" the power & feel of the string. so you have longer string life at the cost of playing like sh*****t.

LarougeNY
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I used to play with full jobs of Prince Topspin @ 60 lbs, and let me tell you the control and the spin were great. It could've been the racket (PD+), but I felt like it was some great hitting, lots of control. It does, however, go dead fairly quickly. By dead I mean it has no function, its just a dead string that hasn't popped yet.

It dies out in like 4-5 hours of heavy hitting, and since its quite durable, it takes a while to break even with lots of spin and power.
It also takes a toll on your arm/shoulder, so don't string it too high.