PDA

View Full Version : Learning how to string

zorg
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, the time has come! I am good enough in tennis to want new strings every 2 months( maybe less). Can someone tell me a good, but CHEAP stringing machine? Also, what are some benefits of stringing yourself, I know its probably cheaper, and quicker (if you can do it quickly).

Also, how will I learn how to string?

bigbanger
11-14-2005, 02:15 PM
For a good budget stringer, check out the drop weights from Alpha and Gamma. Many people also seem happy with their Klippermates. Some of the benefits of stringing for yourself are:

1) Cost savings (no labor charges)
2) You can get your frame strung whenever you want, without waiting for your stringer's turnaround time.
3) The freedom to try lots of different strings, hybrid combinations, etc. while only incurring the cost of the string (related to point 1 above)
4) The satisfaction of playing with a frame that you strung yourself.

There are plently of resources on the web that will help you learn how to string. For starters, check out www.s (http://www.s) p t e n n i s. com (remove spaces). Lots of video and online tutorials there. Also read through the stringing forum here and the GSS web site. These sites are filled with excellent information, tips/tricks, advanced techniques that will keep you busy for hours.

maddog2020
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
What is the GSS site?

Thanks,

Ian

Rumjungle
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
grand slam stringers .com