PDA

View Full Version : First stringing machine...

failurebydesign
02-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Has anyone used a Silent Partner e.stringer? Would a Gamma Progression II 602 be a better choice? Are there any other stringers that are better in the sub $400 price range?

Stinkdyr
02-27-2004, 08:52 AM
I have been using the e-stringer for about a year. 20 or so jobs on it so far. works great. the next upgrade I would aim for is fixed clamps. I find the tensioner to be consistent, no probs.

tcjackson
02-27-2004, 11:10 AM
I've had an e stringer for about 18 months. Have probably used it 50 times on my racquets as weel as some friends racquets. I have had not problems with it and would recommend it to anyone. If you are planning on using it for yourself I think it would pay for itself after about 12 string jobs.

Loud
03-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Started with an eStringer for a year and a bit and paid it off within that time but I grew increasingly disappointed with the mounting system and tensioning unit.

Mounts began to slip unless you really squeezed down hard on the frame and the tensioner didn't pull poly all that well. All that plus I hated being a hostage to Silent Partner for strings ($50 a year on strings extended the warranty of the tensioner for another year) which weren't that good, nor cheap anyways.

Since tennis is a game for life, I sold the eStringer on ****, bought a Laserfibre and never looked back.

Stinkdyr
03-02-2004, 09:18 AM
zoiks! Loud, don't get suckered into buying subpar strings at inflated prices from any vendor. All those extended warranty contracts etc are usually unnecessary.

failurebydesign
03-02-2004, 04:30 PM
What Laserfibre Model did you purchase and how much was it approx? (shipping and tax included)

Loud
03-02-2004, 08:19 PM
MS200TT with single action clamps. I got it before Xmas so I beat the price increase.

I thought $50 a year for peace of mind was initially worth it. I didn't have alot of faith in the tensioning unit and didn't feel like forking out $150 or $200 or whatever if it failed.

How much is the MS200TT now? I paid eight something.

prince
03-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Just bought a laserfiber MS200TT last week of december too to beat the price increase.

in 2 months i strung 12 racquets for me and my friends. if i go by this pace - it will pay itself in a year or two.