PDA

View Full Version : Polyester with the Best Touch?

TripleB
11-15-2005, 06:23 AM
In your opinion, what polyester string offers the best touch?

I'm going to try using Yonex Tour Super 850 strings (in order to get better touch/feel and power from my RDX-500 MP) but I'm afraid that with my heavy spin game I might eat the Yonex strings up a little faster than I can afford.

So I figured I would go ahead and order a set or two of the polyester with the best touch when I was ordering the Yonex string. That way if the Yonex string didn't last long enough I could hybrid it with the poly with the best touch/feel.

I realize that polys aren't known for their fantastic touch/feel but there has to be one or two that are better in those areas than the rest.

Thanks for any help.

TripleB

HappyLefty
11-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi Triple B,
Five days ago I bought an used RDX500 MP. I was strung with PolyGut @62 lbs.
This string has very good touch despite its high tension, and also is very cheap.
It worths a try.

andfor
11-15-2005, 08:07 AM
TripleB, when you find out PLEASE let me know. I have tried a few. The best combo was Luxillon mains and Tonic crosses. It's a little to pricey though. At the moment I have one with Yonex 80 Spin with String Savers and it's OK and has lasted quite a while. The other has ProHurricane mains and Excell crosses, its awful.

154Ace
11-15-2005, 08:08 AM
I like Hurricane 18g

Kevo
11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
I have the solution for you. Get a reel of Ashaway liberty 16 for $25 and be done with it for a while. This string has decent power and multi-like feel. You should be able to get about 20 stringings out of the reel if you are judicious with the length you cut for each stringing. That's about $1.25 per stringing. I would start at 60/57 and see how you like it and work from there.

I have a set in my RDX 500 mid right now, and overall, it beats everything else I've tried except for Babolat Powergy. I am still considering whether I should get a reel or not. I am thinking about trying some TNT strings first.

Valjean
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM
In your opinion, what polyester string offers the best touch?
Why don't you try one of the poly/nylon fusion strings like Tecnifibre's Promix and Prince's Lightning Power first?

And then try Touch Turbo (what's in the name, hey...)!