PDA

View Full Version : Polyester with Best Touch Poll....

TripleB
11-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Which of the above polyester strings do you feel offers the best touch/feel/power combination?

If my all Yonex Tour Super 850 16L stringing doesn't last as long as I need it to, I'll be hybriding (poly on the mains) one of the polys listed with the Yonex string.

TripleB

Field
11-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Have you tried the Kirschbaum Touch Turbo? IMHO a soft poly with good touch/feel and power.

TripleB
11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Have you tried the Kirschbaum Touch Turbo? IMHO a soft poly with good touch/feel and power.

I did....I'm not sure if I had it strung too high or what but it didn't seem to offer as much touch or feel as either the Kirschbaum Super Smash Honey or the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L.

TripleB

Field
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I had strung the Touch Turbo at my usual tension, which turned out to be a mistake. The string felt a bit stiff. Control was ok, but I missed the touch and the turbo...
With 1 kg less, the real characteristics of the TT showed up. Lots of power and touch, but you have to be able to control it. At somewhat lower tension the TT is quite comfortable to play with. Tension stability was ok but dropped rapidly shortly before the string broke.
-> 1 kg is about 2.2 lbs

Radical Shot
11-15-2005, 06:28 PM
For me it's the Big Banger Ace.

doriancito
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
id say the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power ROUGH but in a 17g