PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge, bought my first string machine!

Matt H.
05-28-2004, 10:16 AM
The deal with that Gamma 7000es fell through, so i just ponied up and bought a new Gamma X-ST crank machine.

The deal was hard to pass up: brand new, free shipping, free cover, free USRSA manual, free tool kit, and free Gamma string package of a bunch of their different strings. All for $630.

The color looks neat too, i love the blue. I'm also now ordering a WISE tension head (hopefully they've got a blue to match).

It was about $300-400 out of my budget, but i looked at the bottom line. I did it right, and i'll hopefully not have to do it again. It is an investment afterall, and i've already got work for it....my friend was suppose to string for a USTA boy's national tournament, but he has to go out of town, so he gave me the job. :D

I can't wait to get this thing. I'd like to thank the posters here for helping me with my research and learning some info with this stuff.

-Matt

swilburn
05-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Matt, where did you buy your Gamma x-st?

Steve

Matt H.
05-28-2004, 11:35 AM
ATS Sports.

www.atssports.com

they have a great deal going on any of the X-series machines.

EddyC
05-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Congrats Matt...

Please keep us updated.

Any reason why you chose the gamma x-st over the prog. STII or the revo 4000?

thanks,

Anonymous
05-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Did you speak with Mr. Herb Wise yet?
I think the Gamma stringers need an adapter for $45, you should check with him

Gaines Hillix
05-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Congratulations! Keep us posted on your experiences with it. This is one of the new series of machines from Gamma and there hasn't been much feedback on here about them, yet.

Matt H.
05-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Congrats Matt...

Please keep us updated.

Any reason why you chose the gamma x-st over the prog. STII or the revo 4000?

thanks,

A few reasons actually.

1. The alpha was on back order for almost a month...
2. I talked to the Coach and stringer from the team here at FSU, and they had good feedback with Gamma, since their machine is a Gamma.
3. X-ST is a lighter weight version of the Progression model, so that's easier to transport. It also looks nicer (purely cosmetic opinion).

4. Final kicker was they offered free shipping. Both Gamma machines had the free string package stuff, but the X series machines had free shipping and a free cover, Progression did not.

drop shot
05-28-2004, 10:01 PM
I talked to the guy at Wise and he assured me that I WOULD NOT need any type of adapter for the wise tension head and I have a Gamma 4000 so you may be in luck!

Anonymous
05-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Dropshot, I am also considering a Wise head.
Herb Wise told me that you need an adapter for the 5003, you may not need it for the 4000 because the bar is straight. Am i making sense?