PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the O/S tennis ball that was hyped 2+ years ago?

Cruzer
05-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Does anyone use and like the oversize tennis ball that was supposed to make tennis more enjoyable by (theoretically) allowing longer rallys? There was talk that the USTA would start using them in league play and possibly in a few pro tour events to promote them. I never met anyone that liked them. I used them a couple of times but the people I played with complained they aggravated their already sensitive elbows. I noticed they definitely played slower and I did not find rallys lasting significantly longer when playing with them.
I was curious if Wilson and Penn are even still making them. I know they can still be purchased but are they ones that were made three years ago? All in all it seemed like a very bad idea from the start.

joebedford
05-28-2004, 09:05 PM
I used them until they became hard to find.

Ruuzo
05-28-2004, 09:46 PM
i tried them one night - slow rallies and very heavy on the arm - tennis has enough injury problems as it is, i think everyone should just forget about these balls.

shissncg
06-26-2004, 04:57 AM
The word suck comes to mind, but would hardly describe the unbearable experience of hitting with those damn big balls. They are slow, and very difficult to put away. Every point seems to go on forever, they are also heavy. Oh, and when you hit one off center watch out, your arm will be jarred in a very uncomfortable way.

cbegap
07-04-2004, 02:32 PM
I used some Wilson Ralleys the other day and found the quality was horrible. One was flat as could be. Several were noticeably hard in places causing them to bounce unpredictably. I didn't notice the ralley lasting that much longer (I'm not good enough most likely... to many errors). These sounded good in theory, but I don't like them at all.

Loud
07-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Absolute crap. Long live the standard ball!

Nikeman0092
07-16-2004, 04:15 PM
BRING BACK THE WHITE BALLS! OH wait wrong topic.

Marc C.
07-18-2004, 06:36 PM
I played at a club at my hotel in Florida about 2 years ago and they had filled up all their baskets with the wilson ralleys. Good luck.

tennis666
07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I bought these balls on acident. The are terrible. They really suck

wshhmm
08-15-2004, 08:01 AM
I bot 3 cans of the balls and only use 1 ball. suck.