PDA

View Full Version : Polys competing against Luxilon

wahiawaboi668
02-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Babolat Pro Hurricane, Gamma Zo Life, Zo Power, Zo Plus, Gosen Polylon Comfort, Kirschbaum TT, Competition, Klip K-Boom, Tecnifibre Spinfire Maxipower, Wilson Enduro Mono, Tour. Out of these strings which one has the best characteristics compared to ALU Power.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Have hit with Gosen Polyon and Hurricane. I found the hurricane to be similar in playing characteristics to the Lux ALU BB. For the price, the Bab is the better value.

Hyperstate
02-27-2004, 09:32 AM
From the old boards and from one guy's post to my query, Pacific Poly Power 17 plays similar to ALU Power.

I'm trying Pacific Poly Spin 16L and it plays very similar to ALU Power too. ALU Power is just a touch softer but the Poly Spin creates more spin. Pockets the ball very well. Strung at the same tension when I was playing with the ALU Power: 58 lbs on a Yonex MP Tour-1 XF.

Rocky Top
02-27-2004, 05:07 PM
If you want a Pacific Poly like ALU, you want Poly Force. I couldn;t tell much difference between them, except that the Pacific is a few dollars cheaper. However, Hurricane is my string of choice for now, as it's softer than both of these and a better deal at that.

postal
03-01-2004, 11:11 AM
I found the Klip K-Boom to be the most similar plus it did not go dead like Lux strings have a tendency to do.